October 2006 decisions about hub membership

frwildestdreams said:
i totally agree with that
i was proud to be there too
anyway, i can't promise i'll find a lot of new stuff cause i have not as many contacts as you, but i can try to look for and i can work on the hub
what can i do? i propose to write on the maiden world live database :
- reviews of gigs i went to
- frequencies analysis of the boots i have and that wasn't done yet
what else can i do to contribute?

The reviews idea is good. If you have any bootleg covers you could add them to the MWL pages for the bootlegs, along with any scans of ticket stubs you have (for the 'Concert Information' bit).

i have ideas of what i can do
i'll work on it next week and i'll tell you what i've done

PS : for those who think it, the new tour is not really a motivation for me since i don't want to hear any sounds or see any videos until i see the boys in Paris late November...

frwildestdreams said:
- reviews of gigs i went to
- frequencies analysis of the boots i have and that wasn't done yet
what else can i do to contribute?

I will do freq. analysis and mp3 samples so all of them have same size and format. The most important right now is to add bootlegs information for every show we have. We should be around 30-40% now I think.

Well this is interesting indeed. I've been offline for some time and had some problems, (like getting my personal situation stable and my sister having a stroke) I've been working to get my web page up and in good fashoin and this is the first time I've been able to login in awhile and look at this site. Right now I'm on 56K dail up so I don't realy think that trying to download or upload stuff while I was on dial up would of been good. I'll be getting high speed in a few days though. I did post several times asking for what you guys wanted me to share and never got an answer. I shared stuff for members that asked me in private messages and I always had a share up and allowed others to download from me when I was online on the hub. You know sometimes there are things that happen beyond your control in life.

MP

Hi,

I was not online often in the last months, because I was not at home during the summer and since the begining of September, I have started my master in Aerospace Engineering.

So you banned me for inactivity. It is your choice. I could argument of it many days, but it should be your last choice. So I respect it and I respect you.

I enjoyed all the time past here. I enjoyed also writing reviews of Québec gigs I have.

So continue your great work. Enjoy trading Maiden bootlegs.

Jérôme

First I want to write some general comment about one fact, not neccessary related to last two posts.

For past 9 months there was 10-15 people in the hub at any time. Maybe sometimes it has raised to 20 people. I can understand that people can't come to the hub because of whatever problems in their lifes, but don't we all have them? Even I'm not so enthusiastic about bootlegs anymore like I was 3 years ago, but I still run it. Others still trade and get new stuff.

And then what happens. New tour starts and there is suddenly 30-40 people in the hub and without revision there would be more. Where are all those problems now? Immediately everyone forgets about them and they are ready to download new stuff.

How do you think people will feel right now? People that have worked hard during that pariod to bring new stuff and you just come in and download. If you are not ready to contribute there are other ways to get Iron Maiden bootlegs. Snail trade, other hubs, torrents, ... You have choice, like we have choice to give someone access or not.

MetalPrincess639 said:
Well this is interesting indeed. I've been offline for some time and had some problems, (like getting my personal situation stable and my sister having a stroke) I've been working to get my web page up and in good fashoin and this is the first time I've been able to login in awhile and look at this site. Right now I'm on 56K dail up so I don't realy think that trying to download or upload stuff while I was on dial up would of been good. I'll be getting high speed in a few days though. I did post several times asking for what you guys wanted me to share and never got an answer. I shared stuff for members that asked me in private messages and I always had a share up and allowed others to download from me when I was online on the hub. You know sometimes there are things that happen beyond your control in life.

MP

Your account was not removed because of innactivity, but because of running other Iron Maiden hub which is incompatible with being member here.

BigJer said:
Hi,

I was not online often in the last months, because I was not at home during the summer and since the begining of September, I have started my master in Aerospace Engineering.

So you banned me for inactivity. It is your choice. I could argument of it many days, but it should be your last choice. So I respect it and I respect you.

I enjoyed all the time past here. I enjoyed also writing reviews of Québec gigs I have.

So continue your great work. Enjoy trading Maiden bootlegs.

Jérôme

Decision was made because of inactivity and no contribution. You are member since begining and what was your contribution since then?

All these decisions were not easy for me and others, but we had to do it.

BoBo said:
Your account was not removed because of innactivity, but because of running other Iron Maiden hub which is incompatible with being member here.

Actually the hub was a mix of Maiden & Priest. But all the members have voted to make it a metal hub instead because there were few people who had only Miaden & Priest shows. So as it will be going back up it will be for all bands. But that's cool, never saw anything about opening your own hub and because of it getting kicked out of this one.

MP

of course ppl have the right to know "why" they had their accounts deleted
but c'mon, we're not kids anymore and we know what we've been doing for the hub

getting bigjer as an example..
mate, youre at the hub for a long time now, and couldnt you share at least 1, ONE bootleg? from any band, any show, even download it from dime and share it? do you REALLY think a couple of reviews would be enough for the ammount of stuff other members do so you can download, for example, new tour bootlegs?
i mean, i dont want to be rude, but c'mon, stop and think about it.. if you were like some members that did/do a HUGE work at Maiden World Live, writing many reviews, setlists, etc. then it'd be ok.. but thats not the case

Hi Pals!!!

Time to answer the thread... at least in public. The fact I haven’t posted this answer before was that I had the chance to discuss it with BoBo, so I considered that the problem was over. In the other hand, I think the rest of the members deserve to know what we have decided…

Well I don’t want to bore you with explanations or excuses, I know that I haven’t made a lot of contributions (new bootlegs) to the hub (only a few) since I am a member, so I understand the fact of being “living on the razors edge”. It’s your decision but I will do whatever it takes to avoid “balancing on a ledge”

As somebody said it gets harder to get new stuff because we have a large collection of bootlegs right now, but don’t hesitate that I will share everything “new” that may end up in my hands. It’s not easy but I will do it.

I also share the things I download, bootlegs that we found in dime, etc… it is not a plus as BoBo said, I agree completely, but at least I consider that a good way to behave. As I also have lots of shows that I got in this hub that I can also share if somebody needs some of them in particular.

The only problem, as you all know, it is that my connection is not good precisely, my upload speed is pretty crappy, but I don’t have any problem in sharing the stuff all the time you need. If you have the patience to download from me, I will be happy to help.

I could also share lossless bootlegs from other bands, but providing this is a Maiden hub, I don’t really know the interest you may show in them. I would do that just to bring new stuff to the hub, even it is not Maiden related… I haven’t done it before, but I would do it if you consider it necessary. Just tell me, please.

But the main thing where I can help, and the thing I will do (as BoBo and me have agreed), is to add information to the MWL database. At the moment I have added info for some “Fear Of The Dark Tour” concerts, but my idea is to keep “feeding the monster” the way it deserves. I think the MWL database is a brilliant idea, and I will help to improve it, also providing it is a good way not to be taken to the Gallows Pole…

And just to finish for today, I can only say I consider the people in this hub as a family, maybe I don’t participate too much in the chat window, but I consider myself as other “Blood Brother”. This hub is a PARADISE for any Maiden fan, and I feel very proud of be part of them… I hope to meet some of you in Earls court this year!

Thanks for all pals, I will do my best to stay here for a long time...

Up the Irons!!!

Back