October 2006 decisions about hub membership

BoBo

These are decisions made by me and few hub members considering members status in the hub.

Members that will be removed:

AdrianSmith89, Algazaha, BigJer, bnwim, Eddie_T_head,
Felix, fer1, Francois, frwildestdreams, genesis_adams,
Heavy_Metal_Hamster, HeavyDude, Heikunkeiku, jgrigor, maidenbelfast,
MaidenEssex, maidenfan, MetalPrincess639, MheAd, mogge,
Muzzer_mc, QZi, screamforme, seanfromthestates, seventhson88,
spinkster, TFC, thespacecowboy, wpbchicago, zakum

Reasons are inactivity, no or very minimal contribution, leeching, ...

Members that are getting strong warning (for some of them it's the last warning) to do more:

bean, bladerunner, clansman_2003, DeepShadows, fabsters,
Gengis_Khan, IMeddie, Maidenfreak, MaidenMA, mayer,
Mefilas, N2N, rafik1975, ruskin_arm

bean has shared new stuff last few days and he is very positive example.

Members that should do a little bit more:

jeje, MaidenTeeside, MetalWarrior883, rockphantom, Stefan,
tv_is_drowning

New members:

davidpotesta ... he didn't have time to contribute as he is in the hub just for few weeks.

Other members:

[sotc]_Blake, AcesHigh, AGuyFromNY, babyZAK, Bequick,
BoBo, BruceDickinson87, bubba420, clansman_1982, dan_maiden,
dropdeadfreds, ead666, EdHunter, Fromm, Funnyx,
GallopingHard, Gebs, GreenStreet, hmc_777, Inquizitor,
iron_casv, ironcross, iron-lord, ironphil, Jon,
jytte, KillEmAll, LiquidGraceProductions, Maiden22, maidensp,
Maniac618, Manowar_, Marcelo_Maiden, Masentak, Maxwell,
Metalgman, Metalgod1982, n1ghtr1der666, Paule, QazKFD,
RogerChapi, Said, STEVEHUNTER, tazz1973, The_Assassin,
TheClansman, thrash_ar, timbe, Wildest

I'm sorry bobo but i'm not going to do a little more.

I'm going to do a LOT more ;)

Thanks for keeping me on though, appreciate it.

As you know know ive started trading again after a long while.In the process of a trade at the mo.Im glad to see the decision has been made and i promise to do a lot more around the hub.

nice to see I'm still in

I'll try to have something (exclusive for you guys) ready as soon as possible
nothing Maiden, but Maiden-related

EdHunter, if you see me in the hub, contact me

Howdy ,

I'd love to contribute to the HUB. Unfortunately, I am having some MAJOR PC Problems. I'd be happy to send the Laserdisc Sourced Maiden England 2 DVD set from the Phantom for someone to upload. I can mail a copy out this weekend if someone could please upload it on my behalf.

I can't leave my PC on for too long because, it over heats and shuts down on its own when I'm multi-tasking.

If you're in the USA and you'd like a copy of the Maiden England DVDs to share with the hub, please contact me.

Thanks!

Milan

Due to working away from home most of time i cannot be on the hub a lot, so it is with sadness i am now no longer a member.
I`ve enjoyed being here, so no regrets, keep up the good work BoBo.
Up The Irons :)

I have to admit i didn't contribute a lot on new stuff, cause the only new boot i shared was Virtual Light Strikes over France, which i find was very rare at those times. The only reason I didn't bring more new stuff is because it's more and more difficult to find boots here in france and as soon as i found one it has already been shared here...
I have to admit i wasn't often here those times, cause I was working outside my country. Anyway I didn't consider myself as a leecher, cause I always share at least 30GO / 2 slots and always let the things i download at least one month on my share folder. Before my account was closed, at least one people uploaded each day from me, sorry for the guy who was uploading blaze's eloyes show when i was sacked!

I was very happy and proud to share with you guys, and I'd like to have access again. I can't promise I will be able to bring a lot of new stuff cause as i said previously it's hard for me, the only thing i can do is to share the more things i can, mainly french shows cause i'm french and maiden french shows have always been kind of special.
UP THE IRONS

frwildestdreams said:
I have to admit i didn't contribute a lot on new stuff, cause the only new boot i shared was Virtual Light Strikes over France, which i find was very rare at those times. The only reason I didn't bring more new stuff is because it's more and more difficult to find boots here in france and as soon as i found one it has already been shared here...
I have to admit i wasn't often here those times, cause I was working outside my country. Anyway I didn't consider myself as a leecher, cause I always share at least 30GO / 2 slots and always let the things i download at least one month on my share folder. Before my account was closed, at least one people uploaded each day from me, sorry for the guy who was uploading blaze's eloyes show when i was sacked!

I was very happy and proud to share with you guys, and I'd like to have access again. I can't promise I will be able to bring a lot of new stuff cause as i said previously it's hard for me, the only thing i can do is to share the more things i can, mainly french shows cause i'm french and maiden french shows have always been kind of special.
UP THE IRONS

As you could read in other thread it was not decision made by one person (me), but decision made by few members. In your case we were choosing between disabling account and giving last warning, but you havn't responded to the thread (started 2-3 weeks prior to decisions) and your account was disabled.

I don't want to repeat what me and others have said before, but sharing one bootleg in 3 years is not enough no matter how rare it was. Sharing stuff you have downloaded is normal thing that everyone does in the hub. It's not a plus.

Ead666 is from France like you and he can find so many rare bootlegs. You can't trade becuase of work? Then you can work on Maiden World Live database. If you can spend few minutes to search for bootleg in the hub, queue it, download it and check it, you can add some info to MWL too.

I hope others will respond to your post and depending on their thoughts and your willingness to contribute more, we can consider giving you access to the hub again.

frwildestdreams said:

If you read the other thread you see there are plenty of for example DVD shows that are not shared in hub. Hub don't have every bootleg in circulation... Ok, it's maybe harder to find new ones, but not impossible. There is always upgrades, new sources etc. The reason "it's hard to find new ones" is not acceptable.

But as Bobo said, there is other ways to contribute too.

BoBo said:
As you could read in other thread it was not decision made by one person (me), but decision made by few members. In your case we were choosing between disabling account and giving last warning, but you havn't responded to the thread (started 2-3 weeks prior to decisions) and your account was disabled.

I don't want to repeat what me and others have said before, but sharing one bootleg in 3 years is not enough no matter how rare it was. Sharing stuff you have downloaded is normal thing that everyone does in the hub. It's not a plus.

Ead666 is from France like you and he can find so many rare bootlegs. You can't trade becuase of work? Then you can work on Maiden World Live database. If you can spend few minutes to search for bootleg in the hub, queue it, download it and check it, you can add some info to MWL too.

I hope others will respond to your post and depending on their thoughts and your willingness to contribute more, we can consider giving you access to the hub again.

Hi everyone,
-first of all, for not having answered to the thread, the main reason is has i said before, i was working outside my country for several weeks, so i discovered the thread at the same time i discovered may account was closed!
-for the fact that sharing stuff is normal, i totally agree, i just wanted to say that i saw some people coming here, downloading and then leaving the hub for weeks... I just wanted to say that everytime i'm home, i try to be on the hub and share what i downloaded the longest as i can, which was not the case of everybody.
-I don't know exactly were Ead666 is from France (Marseille if i remember well?), but where I live there are no boots and the only way to find some for me is to go to Paris, which I don't do often... Believe me, i would be so happy if i was able to buy easily a lot of new boots and share them with you...
-I am working on my french maiden website (http://frwildestdreams.free.fr), but i agree to work on the MWL, this kind of contribution is something i can do easier than finding a lot of new boots

i didnt got the "buying" issue
i mean, you dont have to share only silver pressed bootlegs, you can trade "normal" bootlegs..
and at the other thread, if you read it, me and others gave examples about many other ways to contribute with the hub.. only sharing downloaded stuff is not enough IMO

humm .. i am living near Marseille indeed ... but i don't go out of my house to find bootlegs :wink:
I am looking for throught the Net, by contacts established after trades etc...
The more you make trades, the more you will contacts.
There's no secret. If you want to find new bootlegs, you have to take the time to look for them.
Same thing for the hub. And it is what is asked to hubbers. A little bit of work. Finding few bootlegs audio or video is not that hard. There are several Maiden forums which deal everyweeks about new audio boots & DVDs. Writing reviews or adding set lists to MWL is also a way to contribute.
The key words to be part of the hub are "work" & "communication". If hubbers come to the hub just for downloading stuff without working at all for the hub, this hub is not a place for them.
After that, every kind of excuse can be found : too much work, PC problems, etc.... but those who deal with these problems always find the time to come to download stuff ... Strange, isn't it ??
I have also a work which takes me a lot of time, i have a family with a wonderdul little daughter, i have also my part of problems ... but i am also proud to be part of this great hub and to have met such great people like Bobo, Vic, Bubba, Gebs, Casv and many others .
I have the feeling to be part of a "family" and so, want the best for it, and the best can only reach by working, and not just "looking"...

danmaiden said:
i didnt got the "buying" issue
i mean, you dont have to share only silver pressed bootlegs, you can trade "normal" bootlegs..
and at the other thread, if you read it, me and others gave examples about many other ways to contribute with the hub.. only sharing downloaded stuff is not enough IMO

i admit i didn't contribute a lot to the hub
so please tell me what can i do (if i'm able to do it) so i can contribute and proove you i am motivated!

ead666 said:
I have also a work which takes me a lot of time, i have a family with a wonderdul little daughter, i have also my part of problems ... but i am also proud to be part of this great hub and to have met such great people like Bobo, Vic, Bubba, Gebs, Casv and many others .
I have the feeling to be part of a "family" and so, want the best for it, and the best can only reach by working, and not just "looking"...

Exact like my thoughts! I'm very happy that I can be part of this community (from its start). There is always excuses (I have them too), but in this case is important what members do in future. This whole thing has made hub live again :)

jytte said:
Exact like my thoughts! I'm very happy that I can be part of this community (from its start). There is always excuses (I have them too), but in this case is important what members do in future. This whole thing has made hub live again :)

I think it is more likely the new tour to re-inspire everyone... but it hasn't hurt... LOL

frwildestdreams said:
so please tell me what can i do (if i'm able to do it) so i can contribute

Being told what to do..doesn't show motivation. Coming up with your OWN ideas of what You are ABLE to do is a better idea. That way you know what will work with your life style. Only you know how much time and effort you can or want to put into the HUB.

One of the problems I have seen, and not just from you, is SOME people see contrbuting to the HUB as a CHORE. I and many other see it as ENJOYMENT, a way to give back and to make the HUB better and a way to helpout fellow members.

You need to think about what you can do , how you are going to do it, and HOW LONG you are willing do it. Will your interest in the hub run out when the tour ends :? I hope not I would hope you would want to keep contributing long after tthe NEW Tour ends. People need to GIVE even when there is nothing to get.

I wish you luck..The hub needs people who want to be there for the RIGHT reasons..Only you know if your reasons are RIGHT

i totally agree with that
i was proud to be there too
anyway, i can't promise i'll find a lot of new stuff cause i have not as many contacts as you, but i can try to look for and i can work on the hub
what can i do? i propose to write on the maiden world live database :
- reviews of gigs i went to
- frequencies analysis of the boots i have and that wasn't done yet
what else can i do to contribute?

Back