Next Iron Maiden Album!

Okay.
Throughout Iron Maiden's history, they have been very reliable in that they release albums at similar intervals..

And with
BNW in 2000,
DOD in 2003, and
AMOLAD in 2006...

:fist: Shouldn't the new one be next year?

I am also in agreement with edge_of_the_wire.
I do not know.
Maybe Iron Maiden will make a new album sometime.
Probably in the next couple of years Iron Maiden will make one.

I think that the Heavy Metal band, Iron Maiden, Featuring Steve Harris on the Bass Guitar. Dave Murray on Lead Guitar. Adrian Smith on Lead Guitar. Janick Gers on Lead Guitar. Nicko McBrain on Drums and Bruce Dickinson on Vocals Will Release Their Follow-up to 'A Matter of Life And Death' In The Next Few Years.

Hey guys, here is a picture of Iron Maiden.

iron_maiden2tifbig1.jpg

Here is some irrelevant information about their last album, A Matter of Life And Death. Enjoy Guys!

A Matter of Life and Death is the 14th studio album by English heavy metal band Iron Maiden. It was released on 25 August 2006 in Italy and in Finland, 28 August worldwide, and 5 September 2006 in the United States, Canada and Japan. It is the first Heavy Metal album to debut at #4 in India, and made it to #2 in the Indian charts. It is also one of the few rock/metal albums to go platinum in India. It is the first album in Iron Maiden's almost 30 year career to enter the U.S. Billboard charts in the top 10, and has seen significant chart success in many other countries. [2]

While the album is not a concept album,[3] war and religion are recurring themes in the lyrics throughout the album, as well as in the album's artwork. The title "A Matter of Life and Death" is also linked with the war theme, as it titles a 1946 movie whose primary character is a WWII Royal Air Force pilot.

The band, still consisting of the same lineup as their previous two studio albums (making it the second most stable lineup; see Powerslave), started to write the songs near the end of 2005 after their hugely successful appearances in the U.S. and Europe. By the end of the year, the songs were done and they started rehearsing at Sarm West Studios in London.

At 72 minutes, A Matter of Life and Death is the band's longest album to date (exceeding 1995's The X Factor by approximately one minute) and its average song length (7:12) also makes it the longest Iron Maiden album by song average. The album is their most progressive approach taken since Seventh Son of a Seventh Son.

This is the band's fourth studio album that is not named after a specific song on the album, following Piece of Mind, The X Factor and Virtual XI.

The album cover was created by Tim Bradstreet, an American artist, currently best known for his covers on the Punisher comics.

During their North American, Japanese and European tours, they performed the entire album in full. They announced after the show at Earl's Court, London on December 23rd, 2006, that the album would never be played in its entirety again.

1. "Different World" (Music: Adrian Smith, Steve Harris; Lyrics: Harris) – 4:17
2. "These Colours Don't Run" (Music: Smith, Harris; Lyrics: Bruce Dickinson) – 6:52
3. "Brighter Than a Thousand Suns" (Music: Smith, Harris; Lyrics: Dickinson, Harris) – 8:44
4. "The Pilgrim" (Music: Janick Gers, Harris; Lyrics: Harris) – 5:07
5. "The Longest Day" (Music: Smith, Harris; Lyrics: Dickinson) – 7:48
6. "Out of the Shadows" (Music: Dickinson, Harris; Lyrics: Dickinson) – 5:36
7. "The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg" (Music: Dave Murray, Harris; Lyrics: Harris) – 7:21
8. "For the Greater Good of God" (Music & Lyrics: Harris) – 9:24
9. "Lord of Light" (Music: Smith, Harris; Lyrics: Dickinson) – 7:23
10. "The Legacy" (Music: Gers, Harris; Lyrics: Harris) – 9:20

Well the spaces between albums have increased over the years. The first 4 or five albums were released annually right?

But we are in agreement that Maiden will keep making albums, right? I think I've heard Bruce say something like that in some interview.. that they were gonna just keep making them as long as they're able..

So.

Cool :banana:

Hey xMaidenForeverx

Did you know that Paul Bruce Dickinson (born August 7, 1958 in Worksop, Nottinghamshire, England) is a British singer, airline pilot, radio show host, television presenter, fencer and songwriter, best known as the lead singer in the iconic heavy metal band Iron Maiden. According to All Music Guide, Dickinson "was the most acclaimed and instantly recognizable vocalist to emerge from the New Wave of British Heavy Metal movement of the early-'80s"

And here is a picture of him

bruce2.jpg

LOL

If you looked at the forum, you'd see thats how Edge_Of_The_Wire posts..I'm just having fun :err:

Well in the December 2007 issue of Metal Hammer with an interview with Bruce, he said they wouldn't be doing an album for about 2 years
Also, in some of the posters for Live After Death and SBIT album there is a small bit about the Twickenham show, which syas it'll be the only UK gig for 2 years, so it's unlikely they're gonna be doing much next year

So late 2009 or 2010 is my bet......

I was at the San Antonio show when they came last wednesday and Bruce announced that after the Somwhere back in time tour they were going to get started on the next album.

BCF06 said:
I was at the San Antonio show when they came last wednesday and Bruce announced that after the Somwhere back in time tour they were going to get started on the next album.

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Thank the lord!!!!

BCF06 said:
Bruce said the same thing during the Mansfield show the other night.

metalwarrior220 said:
Bruce said the same thing during the Mansfield show the other night.
You were there? One of my friends went, but a friend that he was with had a beer in the parking lot and the cops searched his car without a warrant and found some marijuana. My friend then asked why they were searching his car without any authorization and the cops kicked him out. He didn't even get to go inside.

The cops in Massachusetts are fucking Nazis.

WhiffleBallTony said:
You were there? One of my friends went, but a friend that he was with had a beer in the parking lot and the cops searched his car without a warrant and found some marijuana. My friend then asked why they were searching his car without any authorization and the cops kicked him out. He didn't even get to go inside.

The cops in Massachusetts are fucking Nazis.
Yeah, I was there. The cops here are assholes. You can take them to court for searching a car without a warrant and they will win because they will use the "probable cause" card. The cops in this state seem to be modeling themselves after the KGB of the former Soviet Union more and more. In an issue unrelated to cops, Massachusetts is already communistic in one aspect because of state-run car insurance.

metalwarrior220 said:
Yeah, I was there. The cops here are assholes. You can take them to court for searching a car without a warrant and they will win because they will use the "probable cause" card. The cops in this state seem to be modeling themselves after the KGB of the former Soviet Union more and more. In an issue unrelated to cops, Massachusetts is already communistic in one aspect because of state-run car insurance.
Yeah, the cops there are really annoying. Up here in Vermont, most of the cops are really nice. Really, if you were speeding and just make friendly conversation with whoever pulled you over, they'll let you off with a warning. Massachusetts is a completely different story, especially at Foxboro Stadium.

Guess this means we're not gonna be getting a new Bruce solo album for a while :cry: .

Oh well, a new Maiden album will RULE!!!!!!!!

Back