My Love Affair With Maiden

You all seem a nice friendly lot on here, so I thought I'd tell you a little about me and how long I've been into the band etc. etc.
I got into Maiden around '87 '88. A friend of mine gave me a cassette copy of the debut album. At this time I had been into the popular metal bands that had been in the charts eg. Bon Jovi, Poison etc. :oops:
After 2 listens I was hooked on the 1st album and thought THIS IS IT FOR ME! From this point on I wanted everything Maiden, and sought it out like a rampant little rabbit! LOL (At this time may I add, another friend got into Maiden but his interest lasted about 12 months, whereas mine still continues). Next up I bought a cassette copy of Killers, and straight away I loved it. Now everybody raved about NOTB and I was really looking forward to this, but I must admit I didn't like it as much as the 1st two.
To this day, I like NOTB but it doesn't strike a great chord with me, I just like it. Next up I bought Powerslave. Loved everything about it apart from FOTB and TD. Even to this day when I play the album, I fast forward those 2 tracks. Then came POM, to this point, this was my favourite Dickinson album - I loved everything about it, but wasn't too struck on QFF and SAS - at the time. Nowadays I love the album all the way through. So now we are on to LAD, and by now I'd read what a classic it had become. Although I thought Bruce's vocals were out of key, I still loved the album, but never played side 4, 'cos Nicko's drums sounded shit!
Nowadays I prefer BOH, RIR and DOTR to LAD - in terms of albums. However when it comes out on DVD I will probably play it to death (no pun intended!) I also have no interest in Maiden England, I think Bruce sounds terrible. Then came SIT a few weeks before SSOASS is released. At the time I could take it or leave it, but these days I love the album, every track apart from TLOTLDR. So now we're on to SSOASS, and an exciting time for me as it's the first time an album's released since I got into the band. Loved it then...and still do now, but not as much as POM. This same year as well, I entered a competition to win tickets for Donnington - and won 'em!!! So there I am, front row, Maiden were ruling the world....it was fantastic, absolutely brilliant. A few months later I hear tracks on The Friday Rock Show, and can't believe how SHIT it sounds! At this point my friend lost interest in the band, but not me.
Next up then, Adrian quits the band and we get NPFTD. I like the album, and get tickets to see the band at Sheffield City Hall. This time I take note of Dickinsons vocals, and he marred the band, sounded terrible, notes all over the place. FOTD is released, I like it, a good album even to this day.
Now we are on to ARLDO and LAD. Now if I appeared on Room 101 I would banish these 2 forever. Dickinson announces that he's leaving - and I'm not at all surprised I'm afraid. Now I know this is going on a bit so I'll try and make the last bits quick!
The X Factor is released and I like it, some good songs on that album. Virtual XI... I could take it or leave it at the time, but now I appreciate it more than I did back then. In my heart of hearts tho' I really thought that Maiden should leave it now and not become a parody of themselves. So after this, for a few years up to 2000, I took no notice of the Metal scene OR the band, and then 1 day I walk into a local dealer and see the picture disc of BNW on the shelf. Instantly I buy it! and on my way home on the bus I see H and Bruce are back in the band - and I nearly come in me pants! :eek: I absolutely love BNW apart from TN. I see RIR and realise they are an amazing fucking live band as well! I hear Bruce hit the high notes and nearly cry! I feel the same about DOD as I do about BNW.
And so to the new album. For me, it's the best album of their career to date, and Maiden are a better band now than they have ever been.......but that's another story! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

welcome to you old Dinosaurs :D LOL

and thanx rocky for telling to breegy that maybe i'm the older in here :|

you're welcome breegy and i hope you will be here for a long time :wink:

I just have to say that i love the loneliness of the long distance runner (this song has a good mood i feel) and the song that i don't like now on SIT is heaven can wait .

and just one thing :err:
how old are you :D
and hope you are older than me :err:

Frenchy said:
welcome to you old Dinosaurs :D LOL

and thanx rocky for telling to breegy that maybe i'm the older in here :|

you're welcome breegy and i hope you will be here for a long time :wink:

I just have to say that i love the loneliness of the long distance runner (this song has a good mood i feel) and the song that i don't like now on SIT is heaven can wait .

and just one thing :err:
how old are you :D
and hope you are older than me :err:

Can't remember if i've said welcome or not ... must be my age :err:

Welcome anyway :banana:

Bockaaarck said:
LOL classic

so what other bands you be liking Biccy?

I like Pure Jam and their singer Eedie Vendor
Maltloaf specially Deadlinger for Loaf
Jaundiced Pist - but their singer luk a bit happy
Back Shabba - That Dizzy Osmore he grate! isn't it?

Sorry....had to do it! :bananallama:

AMOLAD on it's 1st rotation tonight. It IS the best IMHO

Maiden Breeg said:
so what other bands you be liking Biccy?

I like Pure Jam and their singer Eedie Vendor
Maltloaf specially Deadlinger for Loaf
Jaundiced Pist - but their singer luk a bit happy
Back Shabba - That Dizzy Osmore he grate! isn't it?

Sorry....had to do it! :bananallama:

AMOLAD on it's 1st rotation tonight. It IS the best IMHO

LMFAO LOL LOL LOL

Most amusing :D

If i had to list a few i'd have to say:

Yse
Queenscryk
Kingx S
Brice Duckinson
Halloweeeen
AntiHillator
Mortallicker
Mingum
Fuckus
Deed Kin Dince
Thrush
Ronnie Jamz Dire
Dream Catheter

And a few more besides :D

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL
Dream Catheter now YOU'RE takin the piss! LOVE IT!

doughnut 4get

Jon Hummer
Maradonna - Like A Vegan
April Lavatory
Spitsnot
Whipsnade
and of curse Meek Coalfield and his Tuba Balls
:withstupid:

Back