MP3 sourced and FAKE bootlegs in circulation

Re: Budapest 1984

Paule said:
yeah, that can really stop all the fun of trading

Yes. I think we should not trade for bootlegs on fake&mp3 list before getting the proof it's lossless.

BoBo said:
Yes. I think we should not trade for bootlegs on fake&mp3 list before getting the proof it's lossless.
You're getting oakland 87 - do you know if this is mp3?
Steven has been checking his versions for a long time - any news on that?
And finally - i posted that I would have several shows - well the guy i'm getting them from sent the package ground mail. If it ever arrives it will take at least 3 more weeks :kinkyfruit:

AGuyFromNY said:
You're getting oakland 87 - do you know if this is mp3?

I'm sure he'll check it before sending.

AGuyFromNY said:
Steven has been checking his versions for a long time - any news on that?

He's been busy lately.

ead666 said:
New mp3 sourced :
1983-06-28 - Seattle, Washington, US

i have an unedited version of this show, looks like tape>cd trasnfered. i'll take a look when back home.

good news, i found a guildford 81 non-mp3 version :D

hmc_777 said:
i have an unedited version of this show, looks like tape>cd trasnfered. i'll take a look when back home.

good news, i found a guildford 81 non-mp3 version :D

Great.

While I was making FA images and samples for MWL, I've found this for for 1982-07-31 Springfield:

FA_1982-07-31_Springfield.gif
[/img]

1982-07-31 Springfield is marked as mp3. We need better source.

Here is another image:

Sample1.gif

It looks like MD recording and no problem because of that. But funny thing is, it's from 1984 and directly from taper. ;)

It's master available from the taper, so we can't search better source if it is transfer to MD after all.

AGuyFromNY said:
I have one person checking the following:
Sheffield 83
Aberdeen 84
Birmingham 84 (1st)
Miami 87
Quebec 87

Maybe at least one of them will be ok.
I'm gonna fucking quit trading and kill myself.
I asked for the following:
Ft worth 87
Phila 88
Quebec 87
Miami 87
Birmingham 84
Aberdeen 84
Sheffield 83

I asked the guy to check them, he checked them and said none of them were mp3. So i said check again and he checked and said everything was Ok. I get the package today, check and ALL OF THEM ARE MP3!!!
:x :x :x
Classic mp3!!!! No doubt, typical cut that you can see with closed eyes and furtheromore these are exactly the same versions that i already got at least twice!!!!
Hopeless....

the 1984-08-18 Budapest boot i got is fake (it's Essen '84 played way too fast).
It's already marked as fake on the hub list, BoBo please remove this from my incomings.

Back