moives you have seen recently and your opinion of them

wicker nomad said:
I think the 6th sense had one of the best twists ever :banana:
yes it's great
and in the silence of the lambs is great but that's not typicall twist

Zulu, watched it "again" last night, what a film....

"He's right... why is it us? Why us?....."

"Because we're here lad... nobody else....just us"

What a classic film :banana: :banana: :banana:

"Men of Harlech stop your dreaming
Can't you see their spear points gleaming
See their warrior pennants streaming
To this battle field...."

went to see the second one yesterday evening with family :banana: :banana:

how great is the new one :shock: Incredible :shock: Amazing :shock: didn't see the 2h30mns passing :shock:

it's a wonderful movie, funny, pleasant and Johnny Depp is just crazy

H.jpg

wicky said:
Are you talking about the 2nd Pirates film frenchy? Was it as good as the first one :?

yes wicky, don't know why there's a red cross :?

yeah, so much better :shock: :shock: after seeing the second one, the first seems to be just a try

Frenchy said:
yes wicky, don't know why there's a red cross :?

yeah, so much better :shock: :shock: after seeing the second one, the first seems to be just a try
I can see the pic now :banana: Better :shock: think i'll take Luke to see it next week then :D I loved the first one :banana:

wicky said:
I can see the pic now :banana: Better :shock: think i'll take Luke to see it next week then :D I loved the first one :banana:

you will love the 2nd one :banana: :banana: and Luke too for sure

Davy Jones is so incredible :shock: :shock: what a work of animation !!!!!!!!!!!!!

nighypirates1.jpg

wicky said:
Are you talking about the 2nd Pirates film frenchy? Was it as good as the first one :?
ok, I didn't know which movie he was talking about.
and I'm glad it's good
my friends told it's not

The Ringer. Starring Johnny Knoxville, As a guy who tries to fix the Special Olympics to get himself out of debt.
Hellish funny but also with a serious message too.

Metal - A headbangers journey. - Some Canadian dude goes around the world interviewing Metals biggest, talking about the music. Features an interview with Bruce( conducted on the stage of an empty Hammersmith apollo) an interview with Ronnie James Dio ( Backstage at Wacken, and at his house) and Lemmy ( at the Rainbow,) amongst others.

Two thumbs up 8)

Frenchy said:
went to see the second one yesterday evening with family :banana: :banana:

how great is the new one :shock: Incredible :shock: Amazing :shock: didn't see the 2h30mns passing :shock:

it's a wonderful movie, funny, pleasant and Johnny Depp is just crazy

H.jpg
I'm going to watch it now :banana:

I have to be honest: Pirates of the Carribean 2 was an okay film, in that it certainly took its characters quite far, but I really didn't think it lived up to the hype. Then again, I was never a fan of the first movie myself. As far as swashbuckling adventures go, I suppose I'm more inclined to watch Indiana Jones.

I really think the best movie this summer has been Superman Returns--it didn't get the recognition it deserved, but it was an heroic, powerful film.

Actually, I felt Superman Returns was like Aces High in movie form. :wink:

rockin_plumber said:
I havn't seen it yet....

How does it compare to the originals??

It really depends. I'm going to compare it to Superman 1 and 2, because those were the quality original films.

Superman 2 is by far the best of the bunch. It didn't take itself too seriously, but it still managed to be epic. It had a convincing villain, a good story, and kickass action.

Superman Returns comes right after Superman 2 in terms of quality. While I enjoyed it, I felt it took itself too seriously and payed TOO much homage to the first two Superman films. Don't watch it expecting an entirely original movie...a lot of it seems to be borrowed from Superman 1. That said, it's an improvement.

I have a confession; I saw Superman 1 after Returns, and I think it's a bit campy for me. Great movie, but the acting just seemed a bit odd and Luthor's plot seemed a bit contrived. That said, the first hour was fantastic and it was fun to watch Christopher Reeve play the hero as well as Clark. His performance was flawless.

That's my opinion, though. I think I was blown away by Returns because I'd only ever seen Superman 2 before watching it. If you've already seen the first one, it might not have as much of an impact.

I watched the movie 'Old School' last night.
If you like the 'American pie', or 'Road trip' movies, then this is great.
Basically Three men are disenchanted with life and try to recapture their college days. Lots of goofing about and general mayhem.
Even Sixxy laughed :shock:

Back