Luke's band

Just got back from setting their gear up for tomorrow nights gig :banana:

Really looking forward to this one! The kids are a bit nervous.... they've sold about 600 tickets! :shock: The biggest they'll have done by miles!

This is all great stuff Wicky, make sure you give Luke a big pat on the back from me. He and the band are doing everything right, it's fantastic, brilliant stuff :banana: :banana: :banana:

And well done to you and Mr Wicky and all the other parents for supporting them, terrific stuff.

Let me know when i can pay for a cd :banana: :banana: :banana:

Just putting a dedication for Dan didn't seem enough so.... I'll post their latest blog to save my fingers :D

OPERATION BRAVEHEART

Hi everyone,

Some good news about our latest song Lost Heroes, as you all know it was written about the soldiers in Iraq/Afghanistan, and Daniel Coffey in particular,

We wanted everyone to know why the song was written.

We are going to record and sell the track as a single, and all the money raised will go to a charity called OPERATION BRAVEHEART, which is for injured soldiers and their families.The charity is run by Daniel's grandfather, David Godfrey. We are speaking with David at the moment, arrangeing publicity etc.

The aim is for this to be heard nationwide, and a dvd sent to the troops. We have had some interest already from newspapers etc, and are waiting to hear from a recording studio to see if they will offer the studio time /production for free. Our soldiers are dying in a war that isn't even ours!

Any offers of help will be greatly appreciated, you can leave us a message on here, or go look up OPERATION BRAVEHEART online,

Thank you,

Hailing Star

They've had a paper interested already :banana:

Been a busy couple of days! :shock:

3 newspapers want to do a story! There was a bit in the western morning news today, next week they gonna be front page on the gazette!

That was all exciting enough but this afternoon the band got an email from BBC Spotlight (the local bbc news) They think the song is great and the reason they wrote it, and want to do a story too :shock: :banana: :banana:

Oh my god :shock: :shock: :shock: BBC spotlight are filming them this week :shock: :banana: :banana: :banana:

rockin_plumber said:
Is that regional??
Yep, but in the first email she said Spotlight and BBC news website 8) :shock: shit this is starting to feel a bit real all of a sudden!!

wicky said:
Yep, but in the first email she said Spotlight and BBC news website 8) :shock: shit this is starting to feel a bit real all of a sudden!!

Its good innit 8)

Did you miss my post about prefered payment :err:

rockin_plumber said:
Its good innit 8)

Did you miss my post about prefered payment :err:
Yes I did :oops: :oops: LOL

Paypal or cheque would be good :D

Or you could drive down and deliver a nice crisp fiver LOL

Back