IMOC is offline, anyone know why?

Christine

I have tried several times to log onto the IMOC without success.......
Anyone know what's happening? :banned:???? :?

Not got a clue :? But it's not happened for quite a while now so I guess we've been lucky LOL

It's still down :|

If you go to the ironmaiden.com website and select the forum link fromthere you can get in ok, or should i say 'most' people can get in ok. I think its a DNS problem, probably the 3rd party that supports the site/server has made a technical screw up somewhere....

Now then they could avoid all of this by paying a dedicated Change Controller to review and sanity check all the changes they make. He could work from home and monitor everything and make sure nothing got through without a technical approval and service impact analysis......and if they paid him a paltry £50,000 a year ( :err: ) he would be more than delighted to do it......

8)

Bockaaarck said:
If you go to the ironmaiden.com website and select the forum link fromthere you can get in ok, or should i say 'most' people can get in ok. I think its a DNS problem, probably the 3rd party that supports the site/server has made a technical screw up somewhere....

Now then they could avoid all of this by paying a dedicated Change Controller to review and sanity check all the changes they make. He could work from home and monitor everything and make sure nothing got through without a technical approval and service impact analysis......and if they paid him a paltry £50,000 a year ( :err: ) he would be more than delighted to do it......

8)

LOL Bored being lazy already? LOL

Bockaaarck said:
If you go to the ironmaiden.com website and select the forum link fromthere you can get in ok, or should i say 'most' people can get in ok. )
I can't :(

Bockaaarck said:

8)
LMFAO LOL LOL Why don't you mention it to Laz LOL LOL

All,

I believe this is something relating to a company called barefruit

When you type in www.ironmaiden.com or the address for the onlinefc for example your pc sends a DNS query to your ISP's DNS Resolver (DNS = Domain Name/Naming System). So basically your puter says i'm looking for ironmaiden.com, well the DNS server says "Mmm i will check that name agains all the DNS entries i have in my records and find the one with the correct name, which will be associated with the IP addrss you need to connect to (so really its looking for the number associated with the 'freindly' name we put in.

The ISP providers DNS resolver, normally a dedicated server or more likely servers, queries all its tables and records and sends out requests to other devices/DNS servers or devices which have a DNS service, saying, "i'm looking for this, anyone know where it is?....". The one of them, the quickest one to respond says "Yep, i know where it is, let me show you how to get there....." and it trots off down a path through routers and all the good stuff until it finds www.ironmaiden.com and 'hey presto" it appears on your screen.

Now the problem with what's going on here is what i believe to be an introduction of a 3rd party service to the situation. Basically once the ISP providers DNS resolver says "i'm looking for this, anyone know where it is?...." i think barefruit's service is the quickest to respond, i think its a new service that certainly Orange are trialing, and its saying "Yeh yeah, i know where it is, miss...miss, pick me, i had my hand up first..." which is fantastic as its really quick.

The problem is that Pupil Barefruit doesn't seem to have understood the question "Where is ironmaiden.com..." and has in fact brough the wrong text book to class. Basically the tables in its DNS lookup zone are incomplete or incorrect. So it goes off looking and then says....."Oh......actually i don't know where that is......ermm........how about this instead" which is when you might get suggested alternatives appearing on a page that is basically saying "We can't find what you're after, but this is similar...."

So you can't get to the page through your ISP because, and i'm only guessing this, that when the barefuit servers or tables were set they may have been done incorrectly :|

Brilliant, you see the outcome of having a thorough, dedicated and well paid Change Control team left out of the process :roll:

Christine said:
I have tried several times to log onto the IMOC without success.......
Anyone know what's happening? :banned:???? :?

Steve Harris probably wants the 'best' for the fans :roll:

Ben said:
Steve Harris probably wants the 'best' for the fans :roll:

handbag1.jpg

Im glad I didnt re-subscribe........

But thinking about it when I signed for a year for the IMOC my £10 was for a year.... A WHOLE YEAR :|

I reckon we had at least 5 days when the site was down.

I was robbed :|

Is a problem with the domain, by that there is no entry in the DNS Systems

According to NIC.COM:

No match for 'IRONMAIDEN.COM'

Registry Status: redemptionPeriod

So Maybe they forget to pay for the renovation LOL

rockin_plumber said:
Im glad I didnt re-subscribe........

But thinking about it when I signed for a year for the IMOC my £10 was for a year.... A WHOLE YEAR :|

I reckon we had at least 5 days when the site was down.

I was robbed :|
LOL

I'm just glad I haven't had to pay extra for it!

:evil:

*...Little does everyone know that this is part of my master plan.......once there has been enough outcry about the site being down.....once people are moaning about not being able to look at www.ironmaiden.com :)roll: fools )and once they have been sat at home not knowing what to do....alone.....with no online friends.......with no friends LOL ....... :evil:

Once they are at their last eb, when all hope is lost to them......i shall return....risen like a phoenix from the ashes and behold.......

WWW.IRONCHICKEN.COM will be born Muhahahahahahaha LOL LOL LOL LOL :evil:

Then the minions will bow to me as their master, they will be filled with euphoria and they will be unwittingly siezed by the power of Chicken Kind LOL LOL LOL

They will be too dazed to realise what is happening, they will submit willingly and joyfully to my new utopia LOL

And when the newly named Iron Chicken play live at Brixton, the fans will twist and shake and raise their hands to the rafters for the new anthems....

.....Run To The Coop.......These Eggs Don't Run.....For The Greater Good Of Breakfast....Children Of The Pecked ....Murders In The Rue Coop.........

:|

Fuck it, i've done it again haven't i :|

:err:

Back