IMBB is down again (April 18th 2005)

They do have an unusual amount of problems. A stable Linux/Apache/PHP/MySQL server should be able to do a year or more of continuous uptime if properly maintained (and downtime shouldnt affect the contents of the server)

Makes me wonder if they couldnt do with someone coming in with knowledge in the field to set the whole thing up for the kinds of loads they're experiencing. Performance tuning Apache & MySQL is a bit of a black art, but its the difference between a responsive website and downtime..

Skunk is incompetent for runing serious BB and Sanctuary is not interested to employ someone with enough knowledge just for website and BB.

Unke said:
I guess it's just, that someone realized the misfunctionality of the reputation system.
its incompetance if you ask me. i mean if a new board fail after a 2 or 3 days its incompetance

MaidenMadness said:
its incompetance if you ask me. i mean if a new board fail after a 2 or 3 days its incompetance
Any chance that they shut it down on purpose to give it a new look and change some things around. And maybe to add a program that lets people into the magic invisible GC when they get enough cuddly points?

I don't think I'll bother to register AGAIN in a BB that lives maybe 4 days :roll: ...if they'll make a new BB...

zgodt said:
Any chance that they shut it down on purpose to give it a new look and change some things around. And maybe to add a program that lets people into the magic invisible GC when they get enough cuddly points?

Nah, that would only take minutes to update.

ewil said:
I don't think I'll bother to register AGAIN in a BB that lives maybe 4 days :roll: ...if they'll make a new BB...
:withstupid: :withstupid: :withstupid: :withstupid: :withstupid:

Back