Can Maiden exist without Steve?

BoBo

They can without Adrian and Bruce as we know. They can probably without Nicko and Dave too, but I doubt they can exist without Steve. He is so much into Maiden on more levels then just as bassist and songwriter. They can't function without him. Bruce once said everyone is replaceble except Steve.

BTW Just imagine amount of bashing for his replacement. ;)

they can not live without Bruce, the other singer, what ever his name was, SUCKED ASS, if bruce leaves, again, maiden won't be the same.

i think the band is perfect the way it is now, maiden won't be the same without the guy's now :)

Only two replies and we are on the way to pro/against Blaze thread. :roll:

MaidenMadness:

Remember croatian national basketball team after Drazen Petrovic was killed in a traffic accident in 93? Only US dream team was better and after that we never recovered. Same situation with Steve IMO.

I honestly don’t think they could ever exist without Steve. He's the heart and soul of Maiden. This band is like his child. No Steve = No Maiden. He's also the nicest member of the band.

DannZ said:
they can not live without Bruce, the other singer, what ever his name was, SUCKED ASS, if bruce leaves, again, maiden won't be the same.quote]

IMO they where far better without Bruce. There was a Maiden 6 years before Bruce and they had a record deal before Bruce. They where still playing stadiums after Bruce. Bruce is good for what he does but Paul and Blaze are by far better singers (and also are a lot better when it comes to giving autographs).

well, i think that there's only few chances that Steve leaves the band and that the band decides to continue without him, but who knows ....

Few years ago, Deep Purple without Ritchie Blackmore was not possible in our mind ... But it happened, and they recorded great albums without him ..

the short answer is NO.

The reasoning is as you said BoBo, he doesn't just play, it's the song writing and everything else that makes maiden "maiden".

ead666 said:
well, i think that there's only few chances that Steve leaves the band and that the band decides to continue without him, but who knows ....

Few years ago, Deep Purple without Ritchie Blackmore was not possible in our mind ... But it happened, and they recorded great albums without him ..

That's true. But Seve's case is different. He's the living force behind MAiden of course ALL of them have their powerful contribution...but Steve's the man!

SO, i'd say that without Steve.....Maiden would end....

Arrakis said:
That's true. But Seve's case is different. He's the living force behind MAiden of course ALL of them have their powerful contribution...but Steve's the man!

SO, i'd say that without Steve.....Maiden would end....
so you really think that out of 6 mil ppl on this planet no one could replace steve? :? i find that hard to believe.
don't get me wrong i love steve and all but no one is uneplacable

No one is saying he is God. But it is hard to imagine that someone could replace him in Maiden and keep Maiden the same as it is now.

It would not be the same. I think that at the present time they could not go on. If it was 1983 it might of worked but I dont think that they would still be around today

Snake said:
i agree with quote "no Steve = No Maiden", but I also that Dave is not replacable too
Yeah, he sure is. I think that if another member leave maiden, it will mean the end of them.

Am I the only one thinking that they could go on if they really wanted to? Maybe the quality and quantity of songs would be less, but I bet if they really wanted to go on, they could.

Thranduil said:
Yeah, he sure is. I think that if another member leave maiden, it will mean the end of them.
I agree, I really dont think that the band could go on if they lost a member. They could probaly go on with Jannick, but he is the only one.

I read somewhere that Steve himself said that he think that Maiden could go on without him. Maybe they can with the right replacement, but I can´t think of anyone who would be good enough. It´s not only a question of a new bassplayer, it must be someone who is passionate and is dedicated to the band, as Steve is.

Cyrus said:
Am I the only one thinking that they could go on if they really wanted to? Maybe the quality and quantity of songs would be less, but I bet if they really wanted to go on, they could.
am i the only one that thinks you don't read posts

Suzy said:
I read somewhere that Steve himself said that he think that Maiden could go on without him.

He's just being nice and non big headed, I'm sure he really knows the truth. Maiden would pretty much be finished if Steve left (they would change sound drastically, and probably too much), and you have to wonder whether he would be ok with the others playing his songs if he wasn't playing them anymore himself.

Back