2008 setlist SPOILER!

worldslaver said:
just one thing concerns me.... what the hell is Fear of the Dark doing there? its only 80's :shock:

Seriously, i Love Fear, But They Could Have Cut That And Added An Actual 80's Song (Wrathchild, Evil That Men Do, Stranger In A Strange Land Etc.)

worldslaver said:
Flight of Icarus isnt harder to sing than Aces High! if you watch Live after Death Aces High you will notice Bruce resting his voice it goes so high.

Bruce sounds awful on LAD, he screams EVERYHING, no singing whatsoever!

See, this is what's cool about Maiden, though. They have such a catalogue, and have gone through so many evolutions style and sound wise that they can appeal to a large group of people, but not for the same reasons, you know? For what it's worth, I hate CIPWM, and I think pretty much everything from the NPFTD album was a big wad of anal lint, but that's by Maiden standards. It still makes new rock look like a steaming pile of maggot infested dog shit. And for you Cannibal Corpse fans, that's not a compliment. I know they probably have a song with that title. To be honest, lately I've taken a real liking to DiAnno Maiden. Prodigal Son and all that, but Bruce couldn't do it justice any more than Paul could do justice to a song like Moonchild (another piece of crap IMHO), so it's best they leave it alone. I'm a metalhead pianist, so it makes this difficult to say, but here goes: As far as I'm concerned, keyboards have never had a place in metal, and there are no old metal bands that made them work. They ruined 7SOA7S, and countless albums by other metal acts. The only metal bands to successfully pull off synth/keyboard shit is the newer industrial metal. If I wanted to listen to a bunch of sythesizers crowding out the rest of the instrumentation and vocals, I would listen to 80's pop, not metal.

Re: 3.14.08. show

wickerdan said:
Caught show in New Jersey @ Izod Centre last night... no B.S. - I've
only seen them four times but I can tell you that this is the absolute BEST
they have sounded in the times I've seen them. Unmatched in terms of sound quality and musicianship. Below is set list. Mostly in order...

Transylvania (Tape played during opening video montage)
Churchill's Speech
Aces High
Two Minutes To Midnight
Revelations
The Trooper
Rime of the Ancient Mariner
Powerslave
Wasted Years
Number of the Beast
The Lumberjack Song (kidding)
Heaven Can Wait
Run to the hills
Can I Play With Madness
The Clairvoyant
Iron Maiden
Moonchild
Fear of the Dark
Hallowed Be Thy Name

Well O.K. maybe the order is somewhat skewed, but hey....
That order is way off, but that was an amazing concert. First time I've seen them and they fuckin' rocked out. There are definitely a few songs I would have substituted in, but other than that, a great setlist.

edge_of_the_wire said:
I wish Maiden could perform Runner and Deja-Vu again because both songs are awesome.
im readin run to the hills and harris sayd in it that runner aint so good :(
i think its very good!

Any reports of setlist changes?
I am taking my daughter to the Irvine show for her 20th birthday, and want to let her know what to expect.
I managed to score 1st row center seats, so I want to make sure she is ready.
Thanks,
James

1. Intro Churchill’s speech
2. Aces High
3. Minutes to Midnight
4. The Trooper
5. Revelations
6. Wrathchild
7. Rime of the Ancient Mariner
8. Stranger in a strange land
9. Déjà vu
10. Run to the Hills
11. Number of the Beast
12. The Evil that men do
13. Phantom of the Opera
14. Iron Maiden

15. The Clairvoyant
16. Hallowed be thy name
17. Running Free

THAT WOULD BE THE PERFECT SET-LIST :banana:

jlangton80 said:
1. Intro Churchill’s speech
2. Aces High
3. Minutes to Midnight
4. The Trooper
5. Revelations
6. Wrathchild
7. Rime of the Ancient Mariner
8. Stranger in a strange land
9. Déjà vu
10. Run to the Hills
11. Number of the Beast
12. The Evil that men do
13. Phantom of the Opera
14. Iron Maiden

15. The Clairvoyant
16. Hallowed be thy name
17. Running Free

THAT WOULD BE THE PERFECT SET-LIST :banana:

Not as long as I have a hole in my anal orrifice will they change the setlist :roll:

Back