Why just almost the General forum??

Swedfan

Almost all replys on this site is on the General forum, this is a Maiden Community, right?? create more topics on the Iron Maiden forum.

Swedfan said:
Almost all replys on this site is on the General forum, this is a Maiden Community, right?? create more topics on the Iron Maiden forum.

I guess that's a fair comment Swedfan, perhaps we should create more topics in the Maiden forum. I guess one reason why we possibly don't is that i bought my first Maiden singles in 1982, Run to the Hills and The Number of the Beast. So i've been listening to the band now for 25 years.

I guess in all that time that has passed i have had conversations and discussions about Maiden with other people (before the internet even existed in our homes) for years. I'm more than happy to discuss stuff about the band when a new album is released, or whey they go out on tour or are performing live, that's really interesting.

I also like discussing stuff when they release solo material, or appear in magazines, newspapers, TV etc, and i guess a lot of the guys here are similar.

I suppose the issue is that i don't feel the need to discuss "Who is the better guitarist, Adrian,Dave or Janick.." or "Which album is your favourite..." or "Why does everyone hate Blaze..." becuase i've had these discussions time and time again and very rarely has my opinion changed or altered. I know that a number of the other guys and girls have been listening to the band for the same lengthof time. Its not that we have become bored with the band, i guess its just that we are all happy with the opinions and views that we have formed over that period of time.

So for me there doesn't seem to be a lot of point in going over the same ground, i hope you understand that? But that being said, your comment is valid, and perhaps its the kick up the backside that we may have needed :)

So thank you and welcome to the forum :)

To be blunt, the Maiden forum is there if anyone so desires to talk about the band, also theres a thread "About Maiden in General", so the band get plenty of posts about them :p

Bockaaarck said:
I guess that's a fair comment Swedfan, perhaps we should create more topics in the Maiden forum. I guess one reason why we possibly don't is that i bought my first Maiden singles in 1982, Run to the Hills and The Number of the Beast. So i've been listening to the band now for 25 years.

I guess in all that time that has passed i have had conversations and discussions about Maiden with other people (before the internet even existed in our homes) for years. I'm more than happy to discuss stuff about the band when a new album is released, or whey they go out on tour or are performing live, that's really interesting.

I also like discussing stuff when they release solo material, or appear in magazines, newspapers, TV etc, and i guess a lot of the guys here are similar.

I suppose the issue is that i don't feel the need to discuss "Who is the better guitarist, Adrian,Dave or Janick.." or "Which album is your favourite..." or "Why does everyone hate Blaze..." becuase i've had these discussions time and time again and very rarely has my opinion changed or altered. I know that a number of the other guys and girls have been listening to the band for the same lengthof time. Its not that we have become bored with the band, i guess its just that we are all happy with the opinions and views that we have formed over that period of time.

So for me there doesn't seem to be a lot of point in going over the same ground, i hope you understand that? But that being said, your comment is valid, and perhaps its the kick up the backside that we may have needed :)

So thank you and welcome to the forum :)
i understand

Bockaaarck said:

i agree with the bocky's answer 8)

btw we are very old and maybe said all about maiden and if we are here, it's coz of Maiden :D

the most important thing is that maiden gave me the possibility to meet the old skeleton of this forum at Paris and it's the essential (btw i hope to meet rocky, benny, screamy, fraidy and bitchy one day :| ).

maiden is just an excuse to talk here now LOL LOL

hey sweedy, btw Maiden is our music life 8)

Frenchy said:

btw we are very old and maybe said all about maiden and if we are here, it's coz of Maiden :D

the most important thing is that maiden gave me the possibility to meet the old skeleton of this forum at Paris and it's the essential (btw i hope to meet rocky, benny, screamy, fraidy and bitchy one day :| ).

:withstupid:

Frenchy said:

:withstupid:

I think the best thing about this forum is that we can chat about all subjects with people who have the same interests , and like frenchy said, we've made some great friends 8)

Back