Who plays which guitar solos?

sunking101

I own Live After Death, A Real Live Dead One, Rock In Rio and Death On The Road but I'm never sure which guitarist is playing which solo (as I've never seen the band live). Can someone break the songs down for me? Thanks in advance...

afraidtoshooteddie said:
Not if he's only got the audio versions ..... Dumbass :roll:

Ok Smartass :roll:

But if I could only afford either one wouldnt it be a better option to get the
DVD first :?

That way you could still listen to it anyway :?

rockin_plumber said:
Ok Smartass :roll:

But if I could only afford either one wouldnt it be a better option to get the
DVD first :?

That way you could still listen to it anyway :?

Maybe they were spur-of-the-moment purchases, and the DVD's were not available from the store where this dude shops. :p

I always start by buying the albums of an artist I like, before then looking at DVDs. It's just the way I do things. I've now got all the studio albums except the first two, not bad for 2 months' collecting! I also have most of the live albums now and it just struck me that I didn't actually know who was playing which solos. I've read that the DVD editing is pretty poor anyway, with the camera not being on who is playing etc so I figured I might not get the full picture from the DVDs anyway. Which is the est live DVD to start with? I want to get the one with best overall sound and picture quality. Cheers.

If you listen carefully to the solos, you can pick who is playing them, because all three have very distinctve styles and sounds. Ok, in some of the harmonised licks where both are playing at the same time, it can be difficult, but for solos, generally -
Dave uses his neck pickup a lot, and has excellent legato (=finger speed and accuracy) which gives a very distinctive smooth sound, with minimal pick noise.
Adrian has a more varied tone, with different timings, and uses the pick a lot more.
Janick's solo's tend to have blisteringly fast licks in them, which can get a little confusing and muddy, particularly on the live stuff.

Also, on the LAD DVD, Dave is in your left speaker and Adrian in your right. Solo's are usually centred. Listen and you'll work it out.
With Death on the Road DVD's, Dave is Left, Adrian is Centre (can be quite hard to hear when he's not soloing), Janick is Right. Solo's are usually centred (All assuming that the CD is mixed like my stereo DVD).

Stick on some good headphones and I'm sure you'll work it out, but I could have a listen and write it down for you.

sunking101 said:
I own Live After Death, A Real Live Dead One, Rock In Rio and Death On The Road but I'm never sure which guitarist is playing which solo (as I've never seen the band live). Can someone break the songs down for me? Thanks in advance...

Youtube :)

OH right new maiden fan LOL im gonna tell you like this, the guy who plays the very fast solos is Dave Murray, the guy who plays very melodic shit and sometimes turns into classical solos is Adrian Smith, and the guy who always plays in the pentatonic scale and does a lot of weird shit like playing lots og harmonics and messing up the songs is Janick Gers. Hope it helps!!!! :banana:

Back