what's the name of the rose book about?

Some misterious murders occuer in a Monastery and a priest is sent with his server in order to discover what was going on there. The Monastery is rule by a conservative faction of the catholic church while the prist sent to solve the murders is a franciscan (liberal faction).

The book is a beauty...I won't tell you anynmore but I strongly reccommend it.

Bouville said:
Some misterious murders occuer in a Monastery and a priest is sent with his server in order to discover what was going on there. The Monastery is rule by a conservative faction of the catholic church while the prist sent to solve the murders is a franciscan (liberal faction).

The book is a beauty...I won't tell you anynmore but I strongly reccommend it.
Isn't it mainly concerning the fight between the different fractions of the catholic church and the renewal?

The first 50 pages are a hard fight to go through, but they are a must for the understanding of the book.

Yes, you are right. The murders are the outcome of a very conservative trend inside the monastery who thought as "evil" the reading of greek philosophers. The franciscan priest tries to use a logical approach in order to solve the puzzle but that logig was not regarded with good eyes by the other priests...

And the one wo tells the story is a priest who got laid in the monastery...

:banana:

Hey Unke..here they have dancing bananas!

Additional it's also a story about the church drifting from the people, the frightening of the inquisition and so on.

The Franciscan was a humorous guy, who stood with both feet in life, the other monasteries where eremit worlds of their own who didn't search for contact with the outer world.

I've learned my lesson well...

Of course I know of the bananas, Bouville :banana:

Other smilies are not as cool as the bananas :)

I have to go downstairs to treat my workmates with the whip :evil:

Morning to you both :) Bouville and Unke, i've not read the book, but after the enthusiam you've both shown for it, i'm going to see if i can get a copy :bananallama:

Good morning, Bockaaarck

Hmmm.. this book is hard to describe. It's hard stuff to get into it, and at the time I read it, my knowledge of Latin still was better than today, but still it is great.

Back