What do you think of Metallica ?

What do you think of Metallica ??? + If you like them, what are your top 5 or 10 songs by them? (i think there fucking Exellent ) :D

Mine -
( In no order )

Creeping Death
Battery
Whiplash
Hit the Lights
Enter Sandman
One
Seek and Destroy
Sad But True
Master of Puppets
Metal Militia

:headbang: It was a very hard choice as I could of picked others.

I have to admit that I did sort of go off Metallica for quite a few years :oops:

But seeing them at Wembley last year made me wake up again 8)

Lets just hope the new album is a billion times better than the last one :|

Master of Puppets
Orion
and justice for all
sad but true
for whom the bell tolls
the call of cthulu
fade to black
creeping death
ride the lightning

wicky said:
Lets just hope the new album is a billion times better than the last one :|

:withstupid:

I really like their old stuff!!!!!!

especially AND JUSTICE FOR ALL album, so powerfull and mighty!!!!!
Sound of drums is a total killer!!!!!

I also like that song - ''ecstasy of gold'' on LIVE SHIT - Seattle , it sends shivers down my spine...

There new album is promised to be alike with the first 3 albums, Which is great. (I am a massive fan of them ) But we'll just have to wait till it comes out.

GERRARD ARMY said:
There new album is promised to be alike with the first 3 albums, Which is great. (I am a massive fan of them ) But we'll just have to wait till it comes out.

wait and see :|

Among my favourite Metallica songs are -
Invisible Kid
...And Justice For All
Don't Tread on Me
Frantic
Through the Never
Mama Said
Of Wolf and Man
The Unnamed Feeling
Holier Than Thou
King Nothing

GERRARD ARMY said:
They always say that mate..think it was said about St Anger....but after a few listens it has to be one of the worst sound wise....maybe cos we all wanted a fast/heavy album again they took the piss out of us really, & made an over the top, stupid sounding heavy album!!!!
We won't get puppetz, kill em all, justice again...av to move forward &just accept whats brought out

Battery
Master Of Puppets
Orion
Fight Fire With Fire
Jump In The Fire
Blackened
And Justice For All
Eye Of The Beholder
One
Enter Sandman
Sad But True

Oh it was 11 songs u get one extra enjoy.

The only reason people even listen to Metallica anymore is because of an underlying desire to hear something even slightly resembling their good shit from their first three albums. It's been bullshit since then in my opinion, and regardless of selling out, I would have to say S&M was without a doubt the final nail in the coffin. I lost hope after that. S&M sucks from a fundemental musical standpoint. There's no going back after that.

Back