The Ultimate A M O L A D set list (or next album tour)

With ALL due respect to our most favorite band,
I've been restless about their choice of songs for set lists lately, and I really feel that they should add more songs from their great catalog!

It is a little unsettling that 'Fear Of The Dark', 'Hallowed Be Thy Name', 'Iron Maiden', 'Wrathchild', 'Beast', and a few others ('The Evil That Men Do') are played at every show! Even the 'Somewhere Back tour' can't get rid of 'Fear'!!!!

Now, I do understand that 'Fear of the Dark' gets a very nice croud response. And 'Hallowed' is 3/4 of the fan club members favorite song, but, for God's sake, we seen, heard, and experienced it for years now.

I just wish that the band believed in their other songs as much as I do.
For example, I really think that any average Maiden fan, and or fanatic alike, would be absolutely blown away by this set list:

Different World
Back In The Village
The Longest Day
The Assassin
For The Greater Good Of God
Still Life
The Fallen Angel
Lord Of Light
New Frontier
Transylvania/Stange World
The Pilgrim
Futureal
The Legacy
--------encore--------
*Prodigal Son
*Gangland

Do you see my point?
Or am I the only one who likes their other songs too.

Just sharing a little, most of my posts are in praise of the band and their great gifts and the way they give them to us (integrity, quality, fun and dazzlement), but, I think that this topic has a valid place here on the board to be worth the "post".

:trooper: -yes, I'm still a "trooper", just a tad... bothered.
Wot say U?

Oh yeah, and if time would allow (I didn't add up the times, but that set list would probably give them time for one more song, so...)
I would love to see/hear/experience

Only The Good Die Young
or
The Loneliness Of The Long Distance Runner
or
The Thin Line Between Love And Hate

:banana: ---- yes I would go bananas over it :banana:

Public Enema Number One said:
Oh yeah, and if time would allow (I didn't add up the times, but that set list would probably give them time for one more song, so...)
I would love to see/hear/experience

Only The Good Die Young
or
The Loneliness Of The Long Distance Runner
or
The Thin Line Between Love And Hate

:banana: ---- yes I would go bananas over it :banana:
yea yea but not the ones you wrote first coz they're just random songs from old albums :eek:

Public Enema Number One said:
With ALL due respect to our most favorite band,
I've been restless about their choice of songs for set lists lately, and I really feel that they should add more songs from their great catalog!

It is a little unsettling that 'Fear Of The Dark', 'Hallowed Be Thy Name', 'Iron Maiden', 'Wrathchild', 'Beast', and a few others ('The Evil That Men Do') are played at every show! Even the 'Somewhere Back tour' can't get rid of 'Fear'!!!!

Now, I do understand that 'Fear of the Dark' gets a very nice croud response. And 'Hallowed' is 3/4 of the fan club members favorite song, but, for God's sake, we seen, heard, and experienced it for years now.

I just wish that the band believed in their other songs as much as I do.
For example, I really think that any average Maiden fan, and or fanatic alike, would be absolutely blown away by this set list:

Different World
Back In The Village
The Longest Day
The Assassin
For The Greater Good Of God
Still Life
The Fallen Angel
Lord Of Light
New Frontier
Transylvania/Stange World
The Pilgrim
Futureal
The Legacy
--------encore--------
*Prodigal Son
*Gangland

Dunno, I think that setlist blows (for Maiden). I agree that all the old classics like Run To The Hills and Can I Play With Madness, Number Of The Beast etc should be dropped for a bit but there are plenty more classics than half the ones you've listed mate.

sunking101 said:
Dunno, I think that setlist blows (for Maiden). I agree that all the old classics like Run To The Hills and Can I Play With Madness, Number Of The Beast etc should be dropped for a bit but there are plenty more classics than half the ones you've listed mate.

So, those songs "blow", huh?
It's possible that the band think this way too.
I however, think the very opposite.

Also, you seem to think that "classics" is the way to go.
Very interesting.
This also seems to be the majority way of thinking.

Once again, I think the opposite.
I believe in the songs that I listed and actually really love and enjoy them alot.
Why am I the only one?

Hi I think it´s a bit strange setlist. But ok to play New Frontier. It´s not the best song but i think that nicko have earned to have one of his songs played. If im not wrong its Nicko McBrain that wrote that. Then its intresting that u choosed Prodigal son. That is one of my favourite songs because it sounds a bit different but great.

Rattlehead said:
Hi I think it´s a bit strange setlist. But ok to play New Frontier. It´s not the best song but i think that nicko have earned to have one of his songs played. If im not wrong its Nicko McBrain that wrote that. Then its intresting that u choosed Prodigal son. That is one of my favourite songs because it sounds a bit different but great.

What makes this list "strange"?

I'm asking because, I want to understand why everyone but me only likes 10 of Maiden's 150 some songs.

I think I'll just start another thread more specifically geared to this discussion - hope to see you there.

ps PRODIGAL SON is way awesome, isn't it?!!!

According to my opinion, maybe the Ultimate A.M.O.L.A.D. set list looks like this:
The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg
Flight of Icarus
For the Greater Good of God
Holy Smoke
Man on the Edge
Out of the Shadows
Futureal
The Fallen Angel
Sea of Madness
Brighter Than a Thousand Suns
The Mercenary
Bring Your Daughter to the Slaughter
Deja-Vu

OK GIRLS!! Right enema i like the way you think!! All of maidens songs rock!! But to be honest it was only in 06 that we heard every single song from AMOLAD!! I know people like you maybe gettin board of the classics but the idea of Somewhere back in time is for the fans who missed out on the 80's tours to finally listen to some of the classic songs live!!

Deep down, every Maiden fan on this forum would much rather hear the classics than 'AMOLAD'. AMOLAD wasnt even a concept album, so I still have NO idea why it was played in its entirety!

And also from what I heard, people were clapping out of politeness on that tour, and not because they found the 7 minute repetitive songs good. :|

edge_of_the_wire said:
According to my opinion, maybe the Ultimate A.M.O.L.A.D. set list looks like this:
The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg
Flight of Icarus
For the Greater Good of God
Holy Smoke
Man on the Edge
Out of the Shadows
Futureal
The Fallen Angel
Sea of Madness
Brighter Than a Thousand Suns
The Mercenary
Bring Your Daughter to the Slaughter
Deja-Vu
i agree (except fallen angel)

Ben said:
Deep down, every Maiden fan on this forum would much rather hear the classics than 'AMOLAD'. AMOLAD wasnt even a concept album, so I still have NO idea why it was played in its entirety!

And also from what I heard, people were clapping out of politeness on that tour, and not because they found the 7 minute repetitive songs good. :|
I loved hearing the whole album 8) I think the problem with the clapping was people weren't sure when to clap, some clapped at the end of the main part and some right at the end after the slower bits. If you'd asked me to choose just 4 or 5 for the tour i'd have found it impossible to choose which songs to leave out! Except Different World, i'd have been happy not to hear that live.

About the classics..... It was only one tour, the classics are back, we all knew they would be :)

:withstupid:

Remember people, at EVERY Maiden gig, there wil be peope attending who have NEVER seen Maiden before (including myself, however Twickenham Stadium July 5th will change all that! :banana: ), so it's only fair that they should be allowed to hear 4 or 5 classics........

And the fact that they're still touring at their time of life should be enough to make us grateful....

Back