The Liverpool Football Club Latest News Thread

rockin_plumber

The Plumber That Rocks
Daniel Sturridge and Alberto Moreno will leave Liverpool this summer at the end of their contracts.
England striker Sturridge, 29, scored 67 goals in 160 appearances after joining from Chelsea in January 2013.
Spanish left-back Moreno played 141 times for the club, having signed from Sevilla in August 2014.

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp said: "The most important words to say to these two remarkable players are 'thank you'."
He added: "Alberto is a person whose personality is reflected in how he plays - full of life, full of energy, always positive. An unbelievable character who is always willing to give all of himself for the team.
"Daniel has earned the right to be considered a modern-day Liverpool great, I would think. He came to the club while we were trying to rebuild and re-establish ourselves. Some of the goals he has scored for Liverpool were so, so, so important.
"We will miss them of course, but we can say farewell with the best words possible: Guys, you leave as European champions."

If this is true then I like this!!

Xherdan Shaqiri insists he “definitely will stay” at Liverpool despite exit talk.

“I’m at Liverpool FC, the best club in Europe,”
“The manager has many good options and has to decide who can play. I knew before my transfer that the competition here is very tough.
“I have a long-term contract and I definitely will stay.”

If this is true then I like this!!

Xherdan Shaqiri insists he “definitely will stay” at Liverpool despite exit talk.

“I’m at Liverpool FC, the best club in Europe,”
“The manager has many good options and has to decide who can play. I knew before my transfer that the competition here is very tough.
“I have a long-term contract and I definitely will stay.”
dancingbanana.gifdancingbanana.gifdancingbanana.gifdancingbanana.gifdancingbanana.gif YEAH!!!

Sturridge farewell letter....
He thanks everybody!!
Top bloke!!!

What can I say…

It’s been one hell of a ride at this beautiful club. We were together for 7 seasons and took a lil break in between.

We had a lot of high and lows together but through it all remained together knowing that one day we’d have to break up. That time is now…..

I wanna say to the fans I love y’all. You made me feel so welcome and embraced me with open arms. The Sturridge dance became famous at Anfield and I’ll never forget the first time I did it in front of the Kop.

To my team mates old and new thank you for the memories the banter was unreal. You all played a part in making me the man I am today. This isn’t a good bye cause Lord knows we’ll stay in touch no matter where I am so speak soon. To the current group of players just letting you know that Sturr crazy sauces will still be available next season so don’t stress yourselves out the lucky sauce will be back ??

To the coaching staff thank you for everything pushing me to my limits in every aspect to become the best I can be that goes for both old and new. Special shoutout to the managers Jurgen and Brendan for guiding my steps and helping me be the best I can be.

The fitness and medical department. Thank you for being on point through the lowest moments but also the highs. Your time and effort for not just me and the lads has been appreciated. I’m grateful I got to thank you all in person outside of social media. Special mention to Chris Rohrbeck for his work all season. Paul Small “Smally” you’ve been there with me from the beginning to the end and at England national team. Nothing but love and respect for you. Lastly Andy Massey you went above and beyond so thank you so much.

Kitchen staff and everyone at Melwood. Thank you for all the hours you put In Behind the scenes to make sure I was taken care of along with the players. Special Shoutout to my other mothers Caroline and Carol. You both are absolute legends! Lee and Graham thanks making life easier from boots to gear, top men!

Ray, Jane, Rachael and Louise. I’ll miss you guys just know I’m forever grateful to you for everything you did for me.

To FSG you guys have done everything in your power to ensure the club has gotten back to the top and it’s been an absolute pleasure to work with you. Special mention for Mike Gordon who was more than just one of the owners but a mentor who has given me advice in and out of football. Tom Werner you’re an absolute boss and I’m still waiting on my cameo in a movie ? , John W Henry thank you so much for being incredible with me through my tenure at Liverpool.
Lastly Mike Edwards who was a big part in recruiting me to the club. Had some great banter with you over the years ?

I’m so happy I was a part of the clubs 6th champions league win because all the fans have deserved it for all the support they’ve given me and club during my tenure.
I wish you all the best in the future and more success for the club.
Like I’ve always said it’s #redordead
Thank you for the memories.

Much love
Daniel

Last edited:
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain will be taking over the number 15 shirt vacated by Sturridge from next season.

Part of me thinks maybe it would have been nicer to wait until he has at least left the building before announcing this :confused:

Shaqiri limped off with a muscle strain today against England....

England beat Switzerland on penalties...
A pointless play off for 3rd place.

Hopefully not too serious and Shaqiri gets to enjoy his break o_O

All that’s been reported is it’s a calf injury at the moment,,,,

Trent had a great game though!!
Stole this from a match report....

There was no doubting who the star man was in Portugal: Alexander-Arnold.
He produced a crossing masterclass and ran the show throughout, with former Liverpool man Raheem Sterling and Dele Alli both failing to convert easy chances after profiting from his accuracy.
The 20-year-old sent in the most crosses by an England player in a single game since David Beckham a decade ago, the majority of which were pinpoint.

Liverpool's 2019-20 Premier League schedule is out! :D

Their first game is against Norwich City and in the last one they'll be playing against Deadman's team. err.gif

August

Friday 9 – Norwich City (H)
Saturday 17 – Southampton (A)
Saturday 24 – Arsenal (H)
Saturday 31 – Burnley (A)

September

Saturday 14 – Newcastle United (H)
Saturday 21 – Chelsea (A)
Saturday 28 – Sheffield United (A)

October

Saturday 5 – Leicester City (H)
Saturday 19 – Manchester United (A)
Saturday 26 –Tottenham Hotspur (H)

November

Saturday 2 – Aston Villa (A)
Saturday 9 – Manchester City (H)
Saturday 23 – Crystal Palace (A)
Saturday 30 – Brighton and Hove Albion (H)

December

Wednesday 4 – Everton (H)
Saturday 7 – Bournemouth (A)
Saturday 14 – Watford (H)
Saturday 21 – West Ham United (A)
Thursday 26 – Leicester City (A)
Saturday 28 – Wolverhampton Wanderers (H)

January

Wednesday 1 – Sheffield United (H)
Saturday 11 – Tottenham Hotspur (A)
Saturday 18 – Manchester United (H)
Tuesday 21 – Wolverhampton Wanderers (A)

February

Saturday 1 – Southampton (H)
Saturday 8 – Norwich City (A)
Saturday 22 – West Ham United (H)
Saturday 29 – Watford (A)

March

Saturday 7 – Bournemouth (H)
Saturday 14 – Everton (A)
Saturday 21 – Crystal Palace (H)

April

Saturday 4 – Manchester City (A)
Saturday 11 – Aston Villa (H)
Saturday 18 – Brighton and Hove Albion (A)
Saturday 25 – Burnley (H)

May

Saturday 2 – Arsenal (A)
Saturday 9 – Chelsea (H)
Sunday 17 – Newcastle United (A)

A lot of these games are likely to be changed when the TV companies choose which games they want to show live.

I'm up in Rhyl (North Wales) on the 9th August....
Not a massive distance from Liverpool....
Ok its 50 miles....
But I might try to get a ticket anyway:confused: I wont hold my breath though :oops:

A lot of these games are likely to be changed when the TV companies choose which games they want to show live.

I'm up in Rhyl (North Wales) on the 9th August....
Not a massive distance from Liverpool....
Ok its 50 miles....
But I might try to get a ticket anyway:confused: I wont hold my breath though :oops:
I know. I got a post out of it though anorak.png

Good luck if you go for a ticket dancingbanana.gifdancingbanana.gifdancingbanana.gif

Alisson Becker set to resume full training dancingbanana.gifdancingbanana.gifdancingbanana.gif

Jürgen Klopp revealed during Friday’s pre-match press conference that the Best FIFA Men’s Goalkeeper for 2019 may be ready to take part in team training following the game at Bramall Lane.

“Ali is in a good way. He did yesterday [Thursday], not with us but with the goalie coaches, a full session, so [he’s] getting closer and closer. We will see, now we have to talk to the medical department,” the boss said.

“Ali is not in contention for tomorrow, it looks like maybe he can train with the team maybe from Sunday on. We don’t know 100 per cent, but he’s really close.”

Back