The Day of Book and the Rose...

ewil

...is tomorrow in Finland.
I know that the it may not be a worldwide festivity, but I decided to bring the topic up 'cause it promotes literature and romance :) lovely things both :D

The idea came from spain and the original day is 23rd of April, but many countries have changed it to make it closer to the warm time of spring. The main point is this: Man gives his loved-one a rose, and the women gives him a book.

Have you ever celebrated this day in any ways?

I've decided to surprise my girlfriend tomorrow and buy her a rose when she comes here :)

not celebrated in France :shock: :shock: I never heard anything about this festivity !!!!

but you know in France, we often offer roses to our girlfriend 8)
16.gif
(french touch :D )

Frenchy said:
not celebrated in France :shock: :shock: I never heard anything about this festivity !!!!

but you know in France, we often offer roses to our girlfriend 8)
16.gif
(french touch :D )
I tought that this would be very popular french festivity :shock:

Frenchy said:
That smilie could be a perv-pedofile saying "come over here", but I'll just calm my mind and try to believe that it means "no" :err:

He could also ask "got weed?"

ewil said:
That smilie could be a perv-pedofile saying "come over here", but I'll just calm my mind and try to believe that it means "no" :err:

He could also ask "got weed?"

ewil has strange thoughts :|

Frenchy said:
ewil has strange thoughts :|
:( :oops:
I'm sorry... that smilie just looked creepy...
what to do if my girlfriend hasn't bought me a book :shock: (possibility percent is 97,8%)
Should I take back the rose :err: no, I wouldn't do that...

ewil said:
:( :oops:
I'm sorry... that smilie just looked creepy...
what to do if my girlfriend hasn't bought me a book :shock: (possibility percent is 97,8%)
Should I take back the rose :err: no, I wouldn't do that...

and imagine for the 2,2% remaining.........if she's offering to you a book about roses LOL

Back