The all new what are you doing now thread

I want to swim. I need water. Next week we're going to Britain with Killers
and Atlantic's ocean is waiting for us :banana:

the_nomad said:
:x In which town are you living ?

well, Kentville, I suppose I should correct myself, we have the bay thats attached to the atlantic, if we wanna go right to the sewage infested waters, its an hour drive

the_nomad said:
I want to swim. I need water. Next week we're going to Britain with Killers
and Atlantic's ocean is waiting for us :banana:

Cool :D Where are you going to go to when you come over here :?

the_nomad said:
http://142.176.17.53/townofkentville/webcam/default.asp

Hey, that's really cool. RHC666 could go to that intersection and do a little dance or something, then we could all see her :)

That'd be cool, especially if she did a dance like this banana :banana:

Kentville and its History

Kentville, located only 103kms from the capital city of Nova Scotia, is today the most populous and increasingly growing town in all of the Annapolis Valley.

The recorded history of the Town of Kentville is one that dates back to the time of the first European settlers, the horse drawn carriage and the CP railway. This area of Nova Scotia, along the famous Bay of Fundy, was initially settled by the Mi’Kmaq Indians who were the first settlers in Canada, centuries before the Europeans found the land and claimed it as their own. The Mi’Kmaq referred to this area as Penook which meant “fording place”, it was, because of its location at the bend in the Cornwallis River, a natural crossing point between Horton and Cornwallis townships.

The first European settlers were French Colonists called Acadians :D and they inhabited this land around the beginning of the 17th century. The Acadian French cultivated our rich lands and developed the area into a prosperous agricultural hub.

Life in this area was not always comfortable for the Acadians, they were subjected to numerous hardships as their lands were the object of a fierce battle as Britain and France each tried to take control of North America in all four of the French & Indian Wars. These lands were maintained as neutral territory in many of the wars that took place. The Acadians were French-speaking peoples, but lived in British territory and refused to swear allegiance to Britain or France. The British found this intolerable and in the year 1755, thousands of Acadians from all over Nova Scotia were expelled and dispersed among the British colonies to the south, from Massachusetts to Georgia and oversees from England to France. Later, after the expulsion of the Acadians, between 1760 and 1800, the lands were won over by the British and soon 13 townships were established in the north western section of the province. These lands were set-aside for New Englanders known as the Loyalists who colonized them during the American Revolution and well into the 1800’s.

The Loyalists, as their name suggests, were Americans who were loyal to the British crown and would not fight in the American Revolution for freedom from British rule. Many of these Americans fled north to Nova Scotia and the awaiting free land and began new lives; many came later, fleeing persecution from the victorious revolutionaries.

At the end of the 18th century, Kentville became Shire Town of Kings County and, being at the junction of 7 roads, grew into a commercial centre, serving agricultural villages throughout the Annapolis Valley. Named Kentville in 1826 as an honour to Queen Elizabeth’s grandfather, Prince Albert, the Duke of Kent, who had visited the area in 1794. The community began to thrive when the Windsor to Annapolis railway (later Dominion Atlantic) established its headquarters here in 1868 and began shipping Annapolis Valley apples to British markets. Although the British fruit market collapsed with WWI and trucking of freight replaced rail transport, Kentville has survived, remaining the area’s financial centre.

Bockaaarck said:
Hey, that's really cool. RHC666 could go to that intersection and do a little dance or something, then we could all see her :)

That'd be cool, especially if she did a dance like this banana :banana:

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL I'm too fan of you Bocky !!!!!

Could you do it RHC :wink:

Back