Suggestions for forum

People have to start to post more regulary first, then we can think about making it better.

people will start to post more regularly with time, i have seen it on many boards, as long as you keep a plesant atmosphere then they will want to come here to talk about things.

Have you considered some of the game threads maybe? or at least an NP thread.

oozily said:
Have you considered some of the game threads maybe? or at least an NP thread.

hehe, those kind of threads go on and on for pages, which for this forum, would be a good thing. :)

I would suggest, to simply, finish and upload the website... and also, add mp3 gigs into the site for download.. I don't really think that this dc staff, is going to work.... even though it seems cool

change of skin, one that fits the page
or exclusive smilies
or me as admin :D :err: (maybe a little over the top there :err: )
more members, i can start advertising in places if you want :?

manic said:
more members, i can start advertising in places if you want :?

Ones that come back would be nice.................

Remove the hidden user option would be a good idea...........

If you wanna be hidden then F*** OFF :x

Or at least let the mods see who is hidden :evil:

manic said:
or me as admin :D :err: (maybe a little over the top there :err: )

8b26ee6e.gif

i would suggest downloading a new version of phpBB software. the newest version is 2.0.11, i think and it would improve the security of the forum dramatically.

our student server was attacked last week (well, not mine (Math department :) )exactly but the Physics department) and it was down for 3 days i think. attackers used a phpBB security flaw that can allow them FTP entrance to the main server (most notably, administrator's (or root's) name and password).

also, i would recommend an opening of Smilie sub-forum where we could talk about new smilies.

that's all folks :D

HijenA said:
i would suggest downloading a new version of phpBB software. the newest version is 2.0.11, i think and it would improve the security of the forum dramatically.

If you look Here at the first post..........

It was gonna be done two weeks ago...........

Never happened though LOL

rockin_plumber said:
If you look Here at the first post..........

It was gonna be done two weeks ago...........

Never happened though LOL

so?! maybe Jon will do it this weekend or the next :)
anyways, the sooner the better :)

HijenA said:

our student server was attacked last week (well, not mine (Math department :) )exactly but the Physics department) and it was down for 3 days i think. attackers used a phpBB security flaw that can allow them FTP entrance to the main server (most notably, administrator's (or root's) name and password).

also, i would recommend an opening of Smilie sub-forum where we could talk about new smilies.

i dunna like PHpbb
i prefer invision power boards (that way you can see what thread people are looking at :err: ) it has quite a few good tings

manic said:
i dunna like PHpbb
i prefer invision power boards (that way you can see what thread people are looking at :err: ) it has quite a few good tings
this
yes
now
and reveal the lurkers
and hidden users

HijenA said:

This had been on my to do list, since I've been aware of those vulnerabilities. However, time has been short.

Though, I'm delighted to be able to report that the upgrade was succesfully completed today. See http://www.maiden-world.com/forum/topic2322.html for the announcement.

Oh and thanks for the heads up on security anyway :)

killers said:
a good idea for avatars: 125 x 125, no?

I think the size of avatars was discussed previously. I'm happy with their current size unless you feel there's a specific need?

rockin_plumber said:
Remove the hidden user option would be a good idea...........

If you wanna be hidden then F*** OFF :x

As far as I know, the only people who can appear as hidden are moderators/admins. I could be wrong though.

Jon said:
As far as I know, the only people who can appear as hidden are moderators/admins. I could be wrong though.

Thats not so bad then............ :)

But how can I check :?

I have a feeling you could be wrong............. but then again I ain't always right :oops:

Back