Soundboard Rehearsal recordings?

Galloping Hard

Hello, I'm curious if anyone knows the sources of some soundboard recordings I've downloaded off of Kazaa. I've thus for found The Trooper, Wrath Child, The Wicker Man and Alexander the Great. These recordings are almost definately recorded sound checks and contain no audience sound whatsoever. Furthermore, there is no Dickinson interaction with a crowd. But they are much rawer than any studio recording would be. Further evidence can even of this can be heard in Dickinson's vocals on Wicker Man when he plays with the lyrics a bit saying "sound man wants his money, he ain't gonna get it back..." I'd say that's a pretty good indicator that it's a sound check.
I've seen reverences to something titled Metal 2000 Rehearsals... what is that? Does anyone know where these recoerdings come from? The Wicker Man recording was attributed to the Dynamo Open Air show, but can't be sure. Also, does anyone know of more of the like recordings exist. They're a great middle ground between slick studio performances and the raw energy of a live show!

Thanks
Christopher :eek:

The Trooper, Wrath Child and The Wicker Man are rehearsals from 2000. I'm not sure where did they rehearse. Iron-lord is sharing it in hub in lossless format. Ask him where they are originaly from.

I'm sure that Alexander the Great version is not by Iron Maiden. 99.99%. Large number of Maiden fans is waiting for live version of ATG and we would hear about it. That is probably cover version. Hi-on Maiden have done cover version live, but you can hear audience only at the begging and end. I can't find address from where you can download mp3. Try with google.

Oh I'm certain that it's Dickinson on the Alexander recording I have. I've read other posts in other forums dismissing this recording as a coverband. But I don't buy it. It would have to an exact voice clone of Bruce. Anyway the version rocks. It's much heavier than the SIT version. Definately worth having in a collection. Curiously, I don't know when this version could have been recorded, but it features a very similar sound quality as to the other rehearsal recordings I've collected. ah... a conundrum...

Post and refute away at this!

Christopher

Oh yeah in addition. The Alexander recording I'm referring to also DOES NOT have any crowd noise in the beginning or the end. It is exactly the same as the other soundboard recording I have. Clean and Raw. I'm leaving my Kazaa signed on for quite a while for anyone who wants to snag it and hear what I'm talking about... Search Alexander rehearsal

Christopher

I'll be offline, but others will download from you.

And help you if you have problems with connecting to hub.

Ah okay. I just found the Hi-on Maiden version you're talking about (got it from they website) and that certainly isn't what I have. Their's is a Live version and the vocalist is obviously not Dickinson... What I have is certainly now 100% in my mind Maiden during a rehearsal or soundcheck.

Cheers,

Christopher

I've searched all of the Maiden cover bands web sites that I could find trying to see who even plays AtG and thus far Hi-on Maiden are the only ones and I'm sure the rehearsal recording I have is not them... It's just harder to determine if the recording I have is indeed. Maiden. Most people want to say no, because there is no indication of where the recording came from... Anyone???

Did u listen the ATG cover done by the band Eleventh hour on the "Slave to the power" tribute album. It could be this version, as the singer reminds me Bruce...

Back