Smoking in public places

Rockhardchick666 said:
But I don't think it would effect petrol by cutting smoking.

Of course it will. The government aren't going to see themselves 'out of pocket'.
Once they start losing revenue on smoking they are going to try and make up for it elsewhere, by increasing taxes on everything else.

Either that or they'll close a few more schools or Hospitals to compensate.
The UK is in such a mess at the moment.

afraidtoshooteddie said:
Of course it will. The government aren't going to see themselves 'out of pocket'.
Once they start losing revenue on smoking they are going to try and make up for it elsewhere, by increasing taxes on everything else.

Either that or they'll close a few more schools or Hospitals to compensate.
The UK is in such a mess at the moment.

well, What I think is stupid on our part, is that Alberta, doesn't give us the oils, then send it to the states/europe. and we get ours from the old world.

We could save ourselves alot of money by doing it. But Alberta likes not paying taxes too much.

Well here we are, NO SMOKING in enclosed public places!

I am so glad I gave up back in 2001, I can breathe again, smell the flowers, taste my food, it's really great.
So, personally, I think it's a good idea, though, right now, I don't expect a lot of you will be very pleased about not being able to smoke in the pub.
I know it was the worst place for me, after I gave up, everyone around me smoking. I know I used to chain smoke in the pub and go home every night smelling like an ashtray, with red eyes!

:withstupid: :edsmoke:

Rockhardchick666 said:
We all have our time and place to die.
Well try not to let it be with a hole in your neck..that you speak out of, in a hospital bed with tubes coming out of everywhere........not nagging, everyones got the right to do what they want..just think we'd all be alot healthier if we didn't :)

beeing always a non somker i always wondered why should i bear inhaling somebody elses smoke. He decides to smoke, ok but why should i bear it? I don't go around sitting and taking my shoes off in front of anybody as there would be smell and i respect the others, so why smokers don't care about non smokers (and smoke is more deadly that the worst feet stench)? Why would be like everyone to change so they could proceed with their addiction? I agree that smoking should be banned, but i really doubt it as i live in Greece where everybody doesn't care about rules (they ban it in banks but the tellers and cashiers smoke), and if somebody complaints he is mocked. At least here in Greece (remember it is the Balcans and not Europe to my opinion) i don't see it really happening within the next 10-15 years.

it's totally forbidden to smoke in the bars, pubs, restaurants and dancing areas since the 1st january in France :|

can't imagine to pass a long moment in a pub without a cig with a lovely beer :|

Frenchy said:
it's totally forbidden to smoke in the bars, pubs, restaurants and dancing areas since the 1st january in France :|

can't imagine to pass a long moment in a pub without a cig with a lovely beer :|
I've still not got used to it :|

Here in my country minibuses and places like shopping malls, restaurants and sometimes toilets have No Smoking signs. Unfortunately, many smokers simply ignore those signs. How embarrassing!

Back