Punk & Heavy Metal, friends or

Ivan

Active Member
today the most of young teenagers, like rock, punk or Heavy metal, but they don't see the difference. I have a few friends who were like nightwish & metallica, but then came Green day with his American idiot, and crowd like it. but I think this is the time for one new big heavy metal band whho will show to the crowd that they don't wont crowd who will one month listen offspring & green day, next month metallica & maiden maybe.
I think eorld neeeeed a new metal dinosaur. (sorry for the mistakes in gramatics)
 

MaidenMadness

Active Member
there are a lot of metal bands that do so
some of them are really big in their own genres
but because of that attidude they get little attention and they arent very well known
imo what metal needs is more media attention but that also carries a lot of fans that are listening to it just cause its cool
the fact is that you cant have both
 

Liberation

Member
As a musician (not a professional one...but oh well...) I think that punk and heavy metal are enemies. Ive always had these punk people come up to me and say things like "Iron Maiden are a bunch of pussy fags in it all for the money" or "Heavy Metal is all devil worshipping shit". They dont understand our music, and its cause they're too wrapped up in their boy bands like green day and simple plan, to realize that Maiden has put alot more heart into their music than most other bands, and that Maiden doesnt really care about the money, they're in it for the music (They wouldve stopped after NPFTD if they weren't). They also dont look for the true meanings to the songs, they hear "666 The Number Of The Beast" and they think "OMFG!!! DEVIL WORSHIIPER!!!!" rather than listening to the whole song and searching for a meaning.


P.S. Up The Irons!!!


Heavy Metal will NEVER die!
 

MaidenMadness

Active Member
Liberation said:
As a musician (not a professional one...but oh well...) I think that punk and heavy metal are enemies. Ive always had these punk people come up to me and say things like "Iron Maiden are a bunch of pussy fags in it all for the money" or "Heavy Metal is all devil worshipping shit". They dont understand our music, and its cause they're too wrapped up in their boy bands like green day and simple plan, to realize that Maiden has put alot more heart into their music than most other bands, and that Maiden doesnt really care about the money, they're in it for the music (They wouldve stopped after NPFTD if they weren't). They also dont look for the true meanings to the songs, they hear "666 The Number Of The Beast" and they think "OMFG!!! DEVIL WORSHIIPER!!!!" rather than listening to the whole song and searching for a meaning.


P.S. Up The Irons!!!


Heavy Metal will NEVER die!
first off green day isn't punk green day is just mainstream rock that sings about themes which are simmilar to those punk bands use. musically they are not punk

second of all yes the metal fans and punk fans aren't really good friends but musically punk has had an influence of metal music just listen to some subgenres that have come out of death metal like grindcore for example. there are lot of similarities with them and punk. heck even maiden's roots are in punk which can be heard on iron maiden album the most.

and re: maiden not being in it for the money. even though it will probably take the thread off topic i feel i need to say my opinion about it. saying iron maiden aren't in it for the money is well wrong. they do dedicate all of their time to music so they exepct to make a living out if it. the fact is that over the last few years maiden placed more effort on easy and quick money making than on their music. its true. just look at the facts, yet another best of compilation has been released. rereleases of the trooper and the number of the beast single, yet another live cd released, putting eddie on everything even renting him out for abba's "last video ever" video. HEY EDDIE IN ABBA VIDEO. they sure as hell didnt rent him for nothing
:wink: . also steve annoncing that in future every tour will be followed by double live cd and dvd release of footage from that tour. then lets not forget about the early days dvd, the expected golden years dvd and on. sadly maiden have become business over the last few years and eddie isn't an attraction that is used to please the fans on concerts anymore, it has become registered trademark of iron maiden corporation with a purpose of selling loads of crap with maiden logo on it. sad but true

and final re: the people you talk about. most people dont even know maiden's work, the lyrics. and when they hear 666 the number of the beast 666 the one for you and me what do you think they'll think. not everybody is a maiden freak that knows what the song really is about and for those kind of people lyrics like those are enough to conclude that maiden worship satan which of course isnt true. its just the way things are. but there are a lot of metal fans that act in exactly the same way you said those punk fans do. for example when you say to some metal fan the name of some pop singer they'll imidiatley say she's talentless bitch that she makes a living out of music just cause she has good looks. fair opinon but how many times do they do that even if they never heard her?
how many times have you heard a metal fan admit some non metal/rock singer has a good voice? everything that isn't metal sucks and can't be any good. yes there are a lot of metal fans like that. they're usually 13 year old kinds that care about their tr00ness more than the music they listen to. they are out there just to create an image in the eyes of other metal fans. i am at some relativley unknown black metal band's concert therefore i'm tr00 and you who were on some rock band concert aren't. thats why i am a bigger fan of metal music than you :roll: i find those kind of metal fans to be idiots that need to grow up and love the music not images the band create.

but to conclude there are idiots in the world, a lot of them. some of them listen to mainstream some listen to punk some listen to metal some listen to trance and so on. so you really can't call somebody an idiot just cause they listen to different music than you do. people are idiots because they don't have enough brainpower to accept different opinions not cause they listen to different music genre than you
 

Liberation

Member
True, Maiden's newest albums have not had enough work put into them, but Maiden has always done most of it for the fans, and thats why we love them so much.

P.S. I think Bruce and Adrian are the only two in the band that dont do it all for the money, Bruce left to start his solo stuff for a few years, and Adrian left the band at its height to start A.S.A.P. and then Psycho Motel before returning.
 

Ivan

Active Member
Liberation said:
P.S. I think Bruce and Adrian are the only two .
I don't think so, Steve & Dave, at first place,
then H and Jan maybe,
but I like them all
 

Liberation

Member
Ivan said:
I don't think so, Steve & Dave, at first place,
Steve and Dave have been in the band the whole time, therefore, they have most likely made more money from the band than any other member.

Remember, Adrian left the band right at the height of their fame, and went to bands that made him alot less money, Bruce is the same, but less so, because NPFTD and FOTD were their albums when they were falling.
 

Rockhardchick666

Well-Known Member
Havent read the rest of this argument really, just the intro..


we have punk gigs here.. and we'll have metal gigs here, you see people come out for both, we love to support both.
 
:headbang: I would go for METAL but.... Sometimes there enemies, sometimes there not. I mean alot of people like both. I love Heavy Metal WAY,WAY more but i like Sex pistols, Black Flag .ect.
aswell as. :metal:
 

Lakalyren

New Member
MaidenMadness said:
first off green day isn't punk green day is just mainstream rock that sings about themes which are simmilar to those punk bands use. musically they are not punk

second of all yes the metal fans and punk fans aren't really good friends but musically punk has had an influence of metal music just listen to some subgenres that have come out of death metal like grindcore for example. there are lot of similarities with them and punk. heck even maiden's roots are in punk which can be heard on iron maiden album the most.

and re: maiden not being in it for the money. even though it will probably take the thread off topic i feel i need to say my opinion about it. saying iron maiden aren't in it for the money is well wrong. they do dedicate all of their time to music so they exepct to make a living out if it. the fact is that over the last few years maiden placed more effort on easy and quick money making than on their music. its true. just look at the facts, yet another best of compilation has been released. rereleases of the trooper and the number of the beast single, yet another live cd released, putting eddie on everything even renting him out for abba's "last video ever" video. HEY EDDIE IN ABBA VIDEO. they sure as hell didnt rent him for nothing
:wink: . also steve annoncing that in future every tour will be followed by double live cd and dvd release of footage from that tour. then lets not forget about the early days dvd, the expected golden years dvd and on. sadly maiden have become business over the last few years and eddie isn't an attraction that is used to please the fans on concerts anymore, it has become registered trademark of iron maiden corporation with a purpose of selling loads of crap with maiden logo on it. sad but true

and final re: the people you talk about. most people dont even know maiden's work, the lyrics. and when they hear 666 the number of the beast 666 the one for you and me what do you think they'll think. not everybody is a maiden freak that knows what the song really is about and for those kind of people lyrics like those are enough to conclude that maiden worship satan which of course isnt true. its just the way things are. but there are a lot of metal fans that act in exactly the same way you said those punk fans do. for example when you say to some metal fan the name of some pop singer they'll imidiatley say she's talentless bitch that she makes a living out of music just cause she has good looks. fair opinon but how many times do they do that even if they never heard her?
how many times have you heard a metal fan admit some non metal/rock singer has a good voice? everything that isn't metal sucks and can't be any good. yes there are a lot of metal fans like that. they're usually 13 year old kinds that care about their tr00ness more than the music they listen to. they are out there just to create an image in the eyes of other metal fans. i am at some relativley unknown black metal band's concert therefore i'm tr00 and you who were on some rock band concert aren't. thats why i am a bigger fan of metal music than you :roll: i find those kind of metal fans to be idiots that need to grow up and love the music not images the band create.

but to conclude there are idiots in the world, a lot of them. some of them listen to mainstream some listen to punk some listen to metal some listen to trance and so on. so you really can't call somebody an idiot just cause they listen to different music than you do. people are idiots because they don't have enough brainpower to accept different opinions not cause they listen to different music genre than you

Remember that it isn't only Iron Maiden who make money on their "best of" albums, I (like to) think that it is simply EMI trying to make money now when downloading nearly is killing the company.

I also think that EMI also is responsible for the Maiden reunion, just look at Black Sabbath and Deep Purple they did just the same in the same period of time, why? To make money for EMI! (But Maiden must somehow have liked to work together again and therefore had a "proper reunion")
 

kp_mikey

New Member
in the UK, metalheads don't like punk and punk lovers don't like metal, then there's people like me who are more openminded!
:metal:
 
Top