please boycott the iron maiden fanclub!!!

fonzbear2000

ok, here's the deal-maiden's official website has 2 separate message forums-1 for paid fanclub members and a free message board as well-for the longest time, if you weren't a fanclub member and went to where the paid forum was, there was a link to let people know about the free forum so they could go there if they were a non-fanclub member-well, recently, the head admin took down the link so anyone who goes to maiden's site is forced to pay and join the fanclub-that is complete bullshit! admin is forcing people to join just so he can make money! please tell people not to join the fanclub and also give them the link to the free section: http://www.ironmaidenforum.com/index.php thanks for your time-UP THE IRONS!!!

Please Boycott the Iron Maiden Fan Club!!!

Perhaps you are right, fonzbear2000. The Iron Maiden website's forum should be boycotted as it is open to Iron Maiden F.C. members only. I even tried unsuccessfully to enter the forum but not as a member.

exactly as any supergoup fan club would do. It is not strange what is beeing done by the official club, as money is ehat matters most now. This is the reason why i always preferred the DiAnno days, when all was rough and true. Killers was my first album ever bought, when i was 11 years old in 1983 (i preferred it judging by the cover from the other 2 then, as i knew nothing about the band, i just liked Eddie and the notorious name of all metalhead wannabes like me back then). Iron Maiden (the debout) was even better, then i bought Number and i was a bit disappointed...

I don't think money is the point.

The "free" section was loaded down with negative posts and very distasteful posters.

That was also the case when they dissolved the first bb (bulletin board)

Altho it was a fantastic place to go (and FREE), the disrespectful, angry, negative posts made it a nasty place in the end.
((you should have seen the mess the final week! such horrible posts! -- but, that is the way it always was, just extra the final days.))

I feel your pain.

However, it only takes a few bad seeds to ruin it for everyone.

:cry: sad but true.

Public Enema Number One said:
I don't think money is the point.

The "free" section was loaded down with negative posts and very distasteful posters.

That was also the case when they dissolved the first bb (bulletin board)

Altho it was a fantastic place to go (and FREE), the disrespectful, angry, negative posts made it a nasty place in the end.
((you should have seen the mess the final week! such horrible posts! -- but, that is the way it always was, just extra the final days.))

I feel your pain.

However, it only takes a few bad seeds to ruin it for everyone.

:cry: sad but true.
Good post :)

That last week of the old board was something i'll never forget :shock: and i'm no prude LOL

Back