Paris's Maiden gig : they ripped up Paris !!!!!

I would just like to echo what everyone has said about our trip to Paris. :D

It was fantastic :banana: :D :banana: :D :banana:

Firstly the Bocky's had a very early start in order to get to Bristol Airport to catch our flight at 06:50 :shock: :shock: :shock: It was a tough start to the day i can tell you. Well i drove to the airport and parked my car in the staff car park :err: .......... (Its ok, my mate Rob is one of the senior engineers at the the Airport. He redesigned the runway and stuff, and the airport roads. So we got to park for free for 7 days !!! LOL LOL LOL :banana: .............. :err:......)

So we checked in and then went through to wait for the flight, and that's where we met Wicky and Luke :banana: . We had a little chat and kind of got ourselves sorted for the flight. At this time there was a severe thunderstorm over the airport, with pretty bad lightning :shock: . Anyway we got the bus to the plane and got on board, and the weather had got even worse. Bristol Airport is right on top of a big plateau, so it attracts lighting and storm weather like its going out of fashion :|

Anyway, after a ten minute wait, while the wind and rain and lightning got worse. The pilot decided to head down the runway to get a better radar indication for the weather, and to try and find a "gap" :shock: Well he must of found one, cose we went for a take off with very little warning :eek: :eek: :eek: We got airborne ok and flew through a pretty rough storm, there was a hell of a lot of turbulance, the worst i've ever felt :shock: :shock: :shock: :oops: It wasn't very nice, i can tell you :|

So we arrived at CDG and got through customs and everything. Then the Bocky's said cheerio to Wicky and Luke, cos they were meeting with some folks staying at their hotel (amazingly these folks live about 2 minutes walk from the Wicky's in Devon :) )So the Bockys took the RER from the airport in to Gare Du Nord, and then got the Metro to our hotel....

eba00395578f00000067.jpg

and

eba00395578f00000068.jpg

Thats the View from the hotel window, on Rue de Rennes, fairly busy with traffic, but sooo close to 3 Metro stations, ideal for getting around :) Well we didn't fancy doing much, we were very tired :| So we just mooched around, went to the Jardin du Luxembourg for a bit for a chill out in the afternoon. And then we found a restaurant where we could have a meal and a bottle of "Vin Blanc" as it was toooo hot for the old "Vin Rouge" :wink: The we went back to the hotel and hit the sack, ready for the big day ahead :banana: :D :banana:

We go up fairly early, and it was still roasting hot :shock: :shock: :shock: so we didn't rush around. We got ourselves organised and got a nice cafe au lait and a "Maxi" Pain au Chocolat and headed for Bir Hakeim station which is near the Eiffel Tower :) We got there a bit early and waited for the others to arrive, which they soon did, we met up with Wicky, Luke and Frester, and not long after our "Bon Amis" arrived :D :banana: :D :banana:

Dear Frenchy and Killy, you are both wonderful, it was a real pleasure to meet you both :grouphug: (Even more pleasurable now i'm drinking some of my "contraband" Chartres beer :drunk: )

0587018623.JPG

Its lovely Frenchy and Killy, and many thanks for it old friends, i will send you something to say thankyou :D

So we then decided to go up the tower, and as the others have said, it was about a 2 hour wait, but worth it :banana: :banana: :banana: I know Frester and Luke weren't too keen on going up to the top after we reached the 2nd level, so they decided to go down. I tell you its bloody high even at that point :shock: . But the Bocky's and the Frenchy's decided to go to the top, it had to be done :D . What a fantastic view :eek: :eek: :eek: :shock: :shock: :shock: . Amazing, i will never forget it until my last day, it was so beautiful and clear, we could even see the stadium...... i looked for Frenchy's house, but i couldn't see that :|

So then we went down the tower and we all decided it was time for some food a and a drink, this is when Frenchy produced his gifts, thank you once again Frenchy and Killy :D :banana: :D its very nice beer :wink: We had soemthings to eat and then decided to make our way to the concert. Frenchy very helpfully took our bags in his car, so they'd be safe when we were in the stadium. The rest of us caught a couple of taxi's to the Parc des Prince :|

What an intresting journey that was :shock: .............

So we got to the stadium....eventually...in one piece. The Bocky's and the Wicky'ssaid to cheerio to Frester as he was standing in the stadium, and then we worked our way around to the entrance where our seats were. It was really, really busy, there were loads and loads of people, a massive crowd :shock:

So then we tried to get some merchandise, but everything was selling really quickly, i couldn't get a t-shirt in my size, so i decided not to bother :( and got an armband instead, then we made our way to our seats ...... :)

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Within Temptation were pretty good, i wasn't sure what to expect, but i quite enjoye them. Then Dream Theater came on, another fantastic set, great to hear stuff from the new album, ans some older stuff as well (although Miss_Bocky didn't really enjoy them...she went out for a bit of a break from the noise......and got me a tour book :banana: :D :banana: :grouphug: i love her to bits :D )

Then of course Maiden appeared :shock: :shock: :shock: Fantastic to see them in such a big stadium venue, it was amazing, the crowd were fantatstic, and loved every minute. The sound was a little funny at first, but soon improved, i just wondered if they were a touch too loud, but i still really enjoyed it :banana: :D :banana: :D :banana:

A fantastic stage set, a brilliant set and a great performance from the boys, a magical gig :D

It was over all too soon, and i have to admit, i was feeling pretty tired, i think my sugar levels were a bit funny :( So we all met up outside the stadium and walked to Frenchy's car to get our bags :) Thankfully Frenchy took me and Miss_Bocky to the Metro station, which i am glad about, as i wasn't feeling to well :oops: Sorry that Wicky and Luke, and Frester had to walk back to the stadium :| :oops:

But a big thankyou to Frenchy and Killy for getting us safe and sound to the Metro stop, you saved our lives :grouphug: We got the metro back to Saint Placide and stumbled back to the hotel and crashed out, what a wonderful day :D

It was fantastic to meet up with such a lovely bunch of people :cheers: :grouphug: And thankyou to Frenchy and Killy for being so helpful and looking out for us, cheers guys :drunk:

Here are some more pics........

eba00395578f00000064.jpg

Le Centre Pompidou

eba00395578f00000065.jpg

Basilique du Sacré Coeur

eba00395578f00000069.jpg

Hôtel National des Invalides - Napoleon's Tomb

eba00395578f00000071.jpg

Napoleon's Tomb

eba00395578f00000072.jpg

Musée d'Orsay - Which is stunning, fantstic impressionist paintings there :shock:

eba00395578f00000073.jpg

And this is looking away from the Musée du Louvre towards the Place de la Concorde

So there we go :D

Frester said:
That was nothing..The ride back to the airport was mental :shock:
Ours was as wel LOL Think the only way to travel on the roads there is with your eyes shut LOL Think all the drivers do too LOL

wicker nomad said:
Ours was as wel LOL Think the only way to travel on the roads there is with your eyes shut LOL Think all the drivers do too LOL
or maybe it was just the fear of driving on the right side of the road that was producing all that fear :wink:

MaidenMadness said:
or maybe it was just the fear of driving on the right side of the road that was producing all that fear :wink:
The fear came from the drivers not seeming to give a shit what side of the road they were on LOL

Back