OT: Iced Earth - novi album/i

Snake

ICED EARTH guitarist Jon Schaffer has checked in with the following update:

"Hello All,

I'm back on track and we are going to start recording on February 1st. We will be releasing a single/EP in June '07 that will feature the Something Wicked trilogy re-recorded and a track that will be an alternate edit of a song that will be on Something Wicked Part 2 that now has a working title of Come What May. The label was wanting me to do something with the original trilogy to reintroduce the story. So, what we have in store for you is very cool. You will hear 'Prophecy', 'Birth of the Wicked', and 'The Coming Curse' in a new way that will be a very killer way to kick off this massive epic.

I don't want to give you any details to spoil the surprise, but trust me, it's going to be awesome.

Something Wicked (Part 1) will be released in the September/October '07 time frame and Part 2 will follow in January/February '08.

This is by far the most epic task I've ever taken on as a songwriter and I really feel like it will be worth all the sacrifice when it's finished. I've been working nonstop for over a year now and it's coming together in a very special way. I've just about finished all the musical arrangements and am now focusing on writing the lyrics/vocal melodies. I'm in the final stretch now........

Tim Mills has contributed a few really cool pieces of music and has shown a real interest in the whole Something Wicked story, and a real passion for being involved with the band. All this while owning and operating his own company (Bare Knuckle Pickups). I'm impressed, it's a rare quality, believe me.

Also, the bass player on the next record is a local boy from Indianapolis whose name is James "Bo" Wallace. Bo is a killer player and a great personality. I went to see him perform several months ago and was impressed with his abilities, energy and passion. He played with Ma Kelley for many years and released several records on a few different independent labels. Without a doubt, Bo is a great bass player and I'm happy to have him working with Iced Earth.

Here's a list of working titles for the upcoming epic. There will likely be changes but this gives you an idea of where things are going.

Something Wicked - Part 1: 'Overture', 'Something Wicked (Part 1)', 'Invasion', 'Man's Motivation', 'The Setian Massacre', 'Ghost Dance Ritual', 'Reflections', 'Ten Thousand Strong', 'Execution', 'Order Of The Rose', 'The Clouding', 'Infiltrate And Assimilate', 'Retribution From The Shadows', 'Something Wicked (Part 2)', 'The Domino Decree', 'The Division of Religion (Man Needs God)', 'Novo Ordo Seclorum (Cycle Of A New Age)'.

Something Wicked - Part 2: 'The Sacred Flames', 'Behold The Wicked Child', 'Minions Of The Watch', 'A Gift Or A Curse?', 'I Walk Among You', 'My Burden, My Honor', 'Ancient Rage Of The High Priest', 'A Gathering Threat', 'Time Marches On', 'Sacrificial Kingdoms', 'Something Wicked (Part 3)', 'Divide Devour', 'Conspiracy / A Charge To Keep', 'Come What May (Mankind Is Lost)'.

Happy New Year to all!"

Jon

Prvo su izdali "Something Wicked This Way Comes", a sad je to i došlo. LOL LOL LOL SWTWC mi je malo lošiji album u odnosu na TDS i BO, no ipak jedan od boljih Iced Eartha. No nema više Barlowa i mada je TGB bio dobar album, već u njemu osjećam da je ovaj bend svoje najbolje odradio. Al nadam se da se varam i da će ovi albumi nadmašiti očekivanja. Vidjet ćemo na jesen.

Back