On This Day.....

1945 - Deep Purple singer Ian Gillan was born.
Ian_Gillan.jpg

1973 - Marco Materazzi, member of Italy's 2006 F.I.F.A. World Cup-winning squad, was born.
Marco_Materazzi.jpg

1957 - Malaysia, as the Federation of Malaya it was known then, declares itself independent from the United Kingdom.
Malaysia.jpg

1982 - José Manuel Reina, winner of this year's U.E.F.A. European Championship with Spain, was born.
Jos_Manuel_Reina.jpg

1997 - Diana, Princess of Wales, her Egyptian boyfriend Dodi Al-Fayed and driver Henri Paul were killed in a car crash in Paris.

That day when Diana was in the car crash.........
I remember it well.........

After a heavy night on the beer........
I hadnt seen any TV all day.......
Sat down with my dinner.........
A lovely cold cider..........
Turned on the TV to watch Liverpool V Newcastle on Sky at 4:00.........

It had been cancelled :|
It wasnt like the crash was anywhere near the North of England :|

1970 - Retired English footballer and current Middlesbrough manager Gareth Southgate was born.
garethsouthgate.jpg

1971 - Qatar becomes independent from the United Kingdom.
Qatar.jpg

1946 - The late Queen singer Farrokh Bulsara a.k.a. Freddie Mercury was born.
Freddie_Mercury.jpg

1951 - Paul Breitner, member of ex-West Germany's 1972 UEFA European Championship- and 1974 FIFA World Cup-winning teams, was born.
Paul_Breitner.jpg

1945 - Franz Anton Beckenbauer, winner of the 1972 UEFA European Championship and the 1974 FIFA World Cup with the former West Germany and also the current Bayern Munich president, was born.
Franz_Beckenbauer.jpg

1998 - The 1998 Commonwealth Games in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, were officially opened.
KualaLumpur1998.jpg

afraidtoshooteddie said:
I'm still on the fence on that. I watched that loose change thing again the other week.

Fraidy, can i recommend, if you get a chance, you get hold of the following book:

The New Pearl Harbor: Disturbing Questions About the Bush Administration and 9/11

It's a very interesting read, it's not so much a simple conspiracy book, but it does ask some interesting questions. It's not a 'ram it down you throat' and 'its all a big set up' book it uses a lot of the conclusions of the official investigations and then asks if those conclusions are correct.

I really do think it's worth a read

Bockaaarck said:
Fraidy, can i recommend, if you get a chance, you get hold of the following book:

The New Pearl Harbor: Disturbing Questions About the Bush Administration and 9/11

It's a very interesting read, it's not so much a simple conspiracy book, but it does ask some interesting questions. It's not a 'ram it down you throat' and 'its all a big set up' book it uses a lot of the conclusions of the official investigations and then asks if those conclusions are correct.

I really do think it's worth a read

I'd like to give that a read.

Thanks. :)

1961 - Megadeth vocalist and guitarist David Scott 'Dave' Mustaine was born.
davemustaine.jpg

1969 - John Lennon and Yoko Ono's Plastic Ono Band made its live debut at the Rock 'n' Roll Revival Festival in Toronto, Canada. Eric Clapton was on guitar.

1973 - Fabio Cannavaro, captain of Italy's 2006 F.I.F.A. World Cup-winning side, was born.
fabiocannavaroy.jpg

Back