No Prayer - whats the deal with this album

MaidenMadness

personaly i think its better than all of the stuff maiden released after it
songs like mother russia, tailgunner, holy smoke, bring your daughter, no prayer.... shit i am willing to be blunt and say that on fear of the dark, the x factor, virtual xi, brave new world & dod you can't find as much great songs as you can find on no prayer
its heavier than 90's and 00's maiden releases
lyrics are as good as they always were
bruce's voice is still better than on some other albums, eventhough its not at its best
and yet so many people dislike this album
can someone explain it to me here and not in a noobish way where all the arguements would be cause it just sucks. if i wanted that i would have opened this thread on imbb

MaidenMadness said:
personaly i think its better than all of the stuff maiden released after it
songs like mother russia, tailgunner, holy smoke, bring your daughter, no prayer.... shit i am willing to be blunt and say that on fear of the dark, the x factor, virtual xi, brave new world & dod you can't find as much great songs as you can find on no prayer
its heavier than 90's and 00's maiden releases
lyrics are as good as they always were
bruce's voice is still better than on some other albums, eventhough its not at its best
and yet so many people dislike this album
can someone explain it to me here and not in a noobish way where all the arguements would be cause it just sucks. if i wanted that i would have opened this thread on imbb

I agree to say it's a great album :headbang:

and public enema#1 is a great song :banana:

I think Bruce's voice is the worst on the No prayer for the dying, but still there's few great songs but I think that isn't so much heavy as TNOTB, BNW, XF or KILLERS

The songs on No Prayer are awesome. But Janick has really f***ing poor sound on his guitar/amp. It sounds like 100 years old stirngs, the worsest distortion pedal he had, and the cheapest guitar he had. Bruce's singin isnt so good eather. But anyway. Album is good, expect those things, I mentioned. And the songs are killer stuff. But still I think, that the old Maiden is the best.

Iron Domek said:
No Prayer For The Dying is great album but Fear Of The Dark is better

i don't agree, no prayer is better.

I don't really like FOTD now except the fear song and afraid to shoot strangers

Aedifico said:
NPFTD = not bad............but in one word ; HALF-BAKED.

but after all. I wondered why adrian left the band during the recording?
maybe he had some bad feeling about NPFTD.
maybe there was some other actions behind curtains
(sorry for my english)

It has great material. A lot of it probably can be played live on the next tour with the rest of their catalog and the new material.

guitar works are amazing , lyrics are amazing , janick is for tha first time on the record with boys , bruce proved that he can sing with harsh vocals . in my opinion no prayer for the dying is one of the maiden's very best albums

Scream for me said:
guitar works are amazing , lyrics are amazing , janick is for tha first time on the record with boys , bruce proved that he can sing with harsh vocals . in my opinion no prayer for the dying is one of the maiden's very best albums

even holy smoke :err:

Scream for me said:
even holy smoke :wink:
in my opinion great song , it proves that maidens can make a great song even when they are not in their full speed

holy smoke, holy smoke :err:

Scream for me said:
even holy smoke :wink:
in my opinion great song , it proves that maidens can make a great song even when they are not in their full speed

IMO that's not greatsong, that's good song

you know what i meant :wink:

it's not like hallowed be thy name but it's good maiden song . i know that you don't like that album but NPFD is one of my favorites
i spent 100 kunas for that LP :wink:

Scream for me said:
you know what i meant :wink:

it's not like hallowed be thy name but it's good maiden song . i know that you don't like that album but NPFD is one of my favorites
i spent 100 kunas for that LP :wink:

yeah, it's good album but with NPFD ended the greatest iron maiden era (and because adrian left band). It's ok album but not one of the 10 the best IMO

Back