New Paul Di'Anno interview online (unbelievable)

Bladez

OK, just read for yourselves. Here are a coupe of quotes :

What do you think about Maiden lots of your songs again with Bruce singing on them? On the Early Days DVD you say that Bruce is the better singer?
You must remember that interviews and filming usually end up highly edited, and I actually said (on various occasions) that Bruce is a better singer for Maiden as they became in their later years. I think Bruce's high operatic and theatrical type voice is better suited to Maiden's later material, but I honestly think he sounds like a ****ing fairy when he is trying to fill my shoes on songs from the first 2 albums. My voice is aggressive and violent (kind of like me in a way) and it sounds like someone dragged me up from a low class background and I was used to having a regular ****ing good kicking (in the b******s) every now and then.
On the other hand Bruce's voice is sang in The Queen's English. very politely and with all the letters pronounced properly, and you can imagine him practising his sword fencing whilst practising his vocal exercises.

He sound like a very nice public school boy (which he was) who used to sing in the local church choir after school and was an instant hit with all the old grannies. Meanwhile, I was getting my d*** sucked by all the fanny in the park being the ****ing animal that I have always been. Bruce is silver but I am gold, as simple as that really.

…did you ever listen to the Blaze era Maiden?
Paul: I try to not listen to shit.

And heres a link to the full interview :

http://www.totalrock.com/features.php?a ... %20Di'Anno

You'll have to copy and paste the link - for some reason it ain't come out right!!!

hm...interesting , i don't like the way that he talks about bruce. i think that bruce deserves a lot more respect from that guy. he's just a little bit jelaous of bruce and that's all , you can notice that in his sentences very clearly.
but , it's a still good interview.
he has some unsloved problems with himself obviously , that's the only way that i can explain his "anger"

Bladez said:
Bruce is silver but I am gold, as simple as that really.

this is whole interview. I'm the best. he just want to talk shits, but he'll never commit that bruce is better, even if whole world say so. paul is arogant

ROFL

"Bruce sounds like a fucking fairy" LOL LOL LOL

GO ON PAUL! Someones bitter that they got kicked out over 24 or however many years ago :roll: also, doesnt Paul get zero credit/royalties on his Maiden albums?

who cares anyway, Killers is awesome :banana:

but have you ever heard bruce's iron maiden or remeber tomorrow, it's stronger, faster, with more emotions, IMO

MaidenMadness said:
however i agree with him on the bruce singing his songs subject

i disagree.
Paul has violent and rough voice, that's true, but Bruce has the power to express everything which is beneaf surface whilst singing (singing between the lines LOL, emotions etc what Ivan said).
Paul, on the other hand, isn't as good vocalist, and his voice is too raw especially in expressing feelings that should be expressed in the particular song.

about the interview ... :shock: some people never seem to get over certain things... that's sad. :x :cry:

axy said:
i disagree.
Paul has violent and rough voice, that's true, but Bruce has the power to express everything which is beneaf surface whilst singing (singing between the lines LOL, emotions etc what Ivan said).
Paul, on the other hand, isn't as good vocalist, and his voice is too raw especially in expressing feelings that should be expressed in the particular song.

about the interview ... :shock: some people never seem to get over certain things... that's sad. :x :cry:

my player
somebody who have similar oppinion as mine :wink:

Back