New forum

BoBo

Site looks cool, but this colors for forum are not good. It is much easier to read dark letters on light background.

Well.. the colours for this forum are heavily biased by the colours for maiden-world.com's main site (Which you can see by checking out the few pieces of it that are up http://www.maiden-world.com/ ). Wherever possible I have made posts and other important text display in white on the dark background to make it easy to read.

Theres a large amount of grey because phpBB requires contrast between different areas of the page, thats all. If you have any specific examples of hard to read text that may be in error (its hard to check every piece of text in a phpBB for contrast when you're making a style) then just post here and I'll sort it ASAP.

Jon

I know it was based on colors from website, but dark gray and dark red colors are not best solution on black background for reading. White text is ok. It looks great, but it is hard to read. IMO of course.

Example: sign on the left side of forum name when forum has new posts. Red color is too dark and you have to look carefully to see is it dark gray or dark red.

Sorry, I don't mean to pain in the ass. ;)

But we can choose twe colors in our profile "maiden-world" and "silver". Why don't you make silver configuration as previous BB?

BoBo said:
Sorry, I don't mean to pain in the ass. ;)

But we can choose twe colors in our profile "maiden-world" and "silver". Why don't you make silver configuration as previous BB?

thats a good idea i suppose

It might seem like the easier solution for now, but seriously, if we can work with each other on improving this theme as far as possible then that makes things better for everyone who visits ;).

If you're really not happy after some changes, I'll put the other theme back as an option, but it just really doesnt work/blend in at all with the main site.

As a side note, you may notice I made the icons a lot brighter, as a start to fixing some of the issues. If you have anymore particular examples or suggestions, dont hesitate to say :)

I think you should do this theme as you want and you think it is the best. Without too many suggestions. But it is possibile to configure alternative theme with inverse colors for people, like me ;), that don't like light letters on dark background.

Previous BB was ok. I would probably use different colors, but generally it was good.

Well, the fact is that I made this style in a very short period of time, through my own development of what I thought looked good. It didnt really get much looking at by other people, so the feedback I'm getting now is really useful to make it usable.

The last thing I want to do is force a theme on people that is unusable..

i have to ask how come this forum isn't over the whole page. why is there a blank withe piece still there in the right part of the screen

Now that I fixed the site in IE , you can see how the site is meant to look with the spaces.

Rather better after its fixed, yes :)

(It is meant to be that way ;D)

Jon said:
Now that I fixed the site in IE , you can see how the site is meant to look with the spaces.

Rather better after its fixed, yes :)

(It is meant to be that way ;D)

cool now i have blank white spaces on both sides

Back