New forum theme available for test

Jon

Administrator
Staff member
Hi everyone,

I've been working on a few changes to the board software here, and there's a new theme available that I'm still in the process of developing.

If you're interested in trying it out, go to your Profile and change your theme to MaidenWorldNew (you can change back at any time by going back to the profile and selecting maidenWorld).

We're thinking this will probably become the default theme, once the bugs are worked out. If you find anything you think is wrong (strange colors for text, pieces of text that are gone, general weirdness...) PM me or send me an e-mail: jon AT maiden-world.com

Many thanks.

I like it 8) I always use subsilver cos my eyes don't like the dark background of the MW theme... this way I get the best of both :D

Some of you may note that the board has changed appearance yet again. Unfortunately, after tackling the previous theme and making the theme that ran for a few days my next task was to tackle the spam problem here. Doing so required an upgrade to the board's software - which requires the theme to be rewritten. Doh!

I hope to have something similar to the old theme back soon. Hope you all enjoy exploring the newly updated board software, and here's to less spam.

The user count is also down quite a bit as the new software clears out any bots or spam signups and activates proper users :)

The MaidenWorld theme in user prefs is probably just about usable now, for anyone who's really not liking the phpBB3 standard theming.

Same deal as before, once I'm happy with it I'll push it as the default for everybody.

I dunno if the other themes do this but is there any way to change the way the forum quotes to how it was before :?

At the moment if you qoute then the next person quotes and so on it kinda builds up a big stack of quotes...

Might get used to it I spose :wink:

rockin_plumber said:
I dunno if the other themes do this but is there any way to change the way the forum quotes to how it was before :?

At the moment if you qoute then the next person quotes and so on it kinda builds up a big stack of quotes...

At least it saves having to scroll back through pages of posts to find what everyones talking about. :)

afraidtoshooteddie said:
rockin_plumber said:

At least it saves having to scroll back through pages of posts to find what everyones talking about. :)

There is that I spose....... LOL

phpBB by default does the nested stack quoting thing, I'd modified the old software to prevent it but I'm split on whether to do it again - I think it does make for easier reading sometimes.

If there's a wide consensus otherwise, I can look into it.

afraidtoshooteddie said:
rockin_plumber said:

I did like it until I just tried to quote yourpost about Sarah loo...classic btw! LOL But it wouldn't let me cos it would have been more than 3 quotes embedded (or something like that)

Is there any way to change the settings for links :?
When I click a link in a thread instead of opening in a new window...
It opens in the same window over Maiden-World :(
All other forums sites I visit open a new window for clicked links...

Can this be changed :?

rockin_plumber said:
Frenchy said:
the board really change !!!!!

our names are on the right now or is it a bug of my pc :err:

Try clicking this link...

http://www.maiden-world.com/forum/ucp.php?i=165
Change the board style to Maiden-World....
Then Submit...

Or if that dont work...

If you goto User Control Panel (at the top)
Then select board preferences.......

Change the board style to Maiden-World....
Then Submit...

8)

i'm trying :wink:

Back