My dumb ass dad is in jail again

Today I called his voice mail to see how he was doing and the message was "Hey what's up I'm in jail. Somebody you know if you want you can come bail me out. It's like I don't know 40 or 50 dollars, something like that. Later." I can't believe him. This is like the third or fourth time he's been in jail in the last 3 years. I don't know what to do about him. He even tried to kill him self on Christmas a couple years ago when he was doing time. In fact I think he tried it couple of other times. I just don't know what to do about this guy. And this raises the question, "Will I ever meet my father?"

wrathchild 84 said:
Today I called his voice mail to see how he was doing and the message was "Hey what's up I'm in jail. Somebody you know if you want you can come bail me out. It's like I don't know 40 or 50 dollars, something like that. Later." I can't believe him. This is like the third or fourth time he's been in jail in the last 3 years. I don't know what to do about him. He even tried to kill him self on Christmas a couple years ago when he was doing time. In fact I think he tried it couple of other times. I just don't know what to do about this guy. And this raises the question, "Will I ever meet my father?"

I hope for you :roll:

wrathchild 84 said:
What the fuck is with this :roll:? This is a real fucking problem.

I don't laugh with that (maybe I didn't use the good emoticon...it was to show you that i rode your text). :(

I can see that is a real problem.

the_nomad said:
I don't laugh with that (maybe I didn't use the good emoticon...it was to show you that i rode your text). :(

I can see that is a real problem.

I'm glad that you weren't mocking the situation. I am use to :roll: being a "oh sure" emoticon.

well there is a theory that says that there is a gene that cuases people that have it to be more likely to be criminals, selfdestructive and stuff like that. so if that is true then i would bet your father has one and there is nothing you can do. maybe some counseling sessions with psychiatrist would help. don't know i never been i a situation like that

wrathchild 84 said:

The answer is......."DO SOMETHING"

If you're that worried about your father ( you obviously are ) the just "do something". With the greatest respect, don't waste your time talking to a bunch of muppets like us, get off your ass and try and help him. Take some positive action, he needs your help, whether you know it / like it or not. Do something for him !!!!!!

I feel for you, wrathchild 84. I don´t know what kind of advice I should give you, I just hope all goes well with your dad! I guess you can´t do much besides show him that you care about him.

this happens everywhere...every place...every country...the whole world.

anyway, you have only one "flesh and blood" father in your whole life.

so maybe you ought to do something, even if you are far away from him.

Try to find out first why he's in and out of jail..
is he a habitual shoplifter?
is he a bit rowdy and always gets into fights?
does he disturbs the peace when he gets drunk?
does he consume or carry unapproved/illegal drugs?
does he have some emotional problems?

talk to him, influence him in your own rocking and headbanging way, you're his kid, he will at least give you a listen...
and maybe something positive will come out of your effort.

All the best!!

seventhson88 said:
this happens everywhere...every place...every country...the whole world.

anyway, you have only one "flesh and blood" father in your whole life.

so maybe you ought to do something, even if you are far away from him.

Try to find out first why he's in and out of jail..
does he have some emotional problems?

talk to him, influence him in your own rocking and headbanging way, you're his kid, he will at least give you a listen...
and maybe something positive will come out of your effort.

All the best!!

Thats the ticket, bloody good advice there :)

seventhson88 said:
does he have some emotional problems?/quote]

Yes
Not anymore
Heroin turned him off of alcohol
Yes
Yes and I share most of them

wrathchild 84 said:
seventhson88 said:
does he have some emotional problems?/quote]

Yes
Not anymore
Heroin turned him off of alcohol
Yes
Yes and I share most of them

Blimey Wrathbloke... first you have a crap flatmate and now your Dad is in Jail. Bloody Hell. Well still all the best and keep to his side.

stokedasagoat said:
Blimey Wrathbloke... first you have a crap flatmate and now your Dad is in Jail. Bloody Hell. Well still all the best and keep to his side.

Oh and my 22 year old cat died today (I'm 19).

Back