my army friend

wicky jr

A British soldier has been killed in a small arms fire attack while on patrol in Basra, southern Iraq.

The Ministry of Defence said the man was a member of the 2nd Battalion The Rifles - formerly 1st Battalion Royal Green Jackets.

Officials said he came under fire in the Al Maqil district of Basra. He was taken to hospital but died from his injuries.

The soldier's next of kin have been told of his death.
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

he was coming home in three weeks.

I don't know when this is going to feel real....still feels like a nightmare and we'll wake up soon :(

Tomorrow hefinally gets brought back to this country, maybe things will feel more real then :(

Don't want to depress everyone, just explaining why my spelling might be worse than usual tonight, walked my friend home earlier tonight, saying bye, knowing where they are going tomorrow, was awful :(

wicky said:
Tomorrow hefinally gets brought back to this country, maybe things will feel more real then :(

Don't want to depress everyone, just explaining why my spelling might be worse than usual tonight, walked my friend home earlier tonight, saying bye, knowing where they are going tomorrow, was awful :(

:grouphug:

Dan got one hell of a send off :fist: Such a sad day :cry:

We are all proud of you Dan :fist:

http://www.thisisexeter.co.uk/displayNo ... K=16895580 If you watch the video view, you'll see from the clips of film all the way through it how big a send off he got.

One thing I have to say is the media stinks :| I know Friday was a big news story, but both our local news programmes had close ups of his poor family as the went into the church....all I can say is ..WHY? :(

Rest in Peace Dan :grouphug:

RIP :fist:

It was probably Sky News too, they seem to have no respect for anything/anyone :|

Back