Mother Russia

Frenchy

I need to create this thread to militate in favour of the rehabilitation of the fantastic song 'Mother Russia'. No one never speak of this master piece but I think it's a real great one :)

Mother Russia, how are you sleeping
Middle winter cold winds blow
From the snowflakes drifting
Sirling round like ghosts in the snow

Mother Russia, poetry majestic
Tells the time of a great empire
Turning round the old man ponders
Reminiscing an age gone by

Mother Russia
Dance of the Tsars
Hold up your heads
Be proud of what you are
Now it has come
Freedom at last
Turning the tides of history
And your past

Mother Russia
Dance of the Tsars
Hold up your heads
Remember who you are
Can you release
The anger, the grief
Can you be happy
Now your people are free

I find this text fantastic, and I think that a part of this lyrics are taken from russian literature ? Could someone answer me :?

probably my 4th fave on npftd
cus theres
holy smoke
bring your daughter
and ive devoloped quite a liking to tail gunner

Ivan said:
yeah, really great song but it wasn't on any concert. :cry:
there are too many great songs that were never played live

well not many really but few like alex the grean and mother russia are enough
was to tame a land ever played live? :?

MaidenMadness said:

I know one time during the piece of mind tour but not sure :oops:

Mother RUssia is a great track, one of my fav. on NPFTD. But the song remains in the shadow of SSOASS the song. And for some obscur reason, have a feel of "unfinish", I mean it could have been longer, a bit more worked and became an epic. But didn`t. Fells that like they rushed to finish the album. Simply my opinion.

Aedifico said:
Mother RUssia is a great track, one of my fav. on NPFTD. But the song remains in the shadow of SSOASS the song. And for some obscur reason, have a feel of "unfinish", I mean it could have been longer, a bit more worked and became an epic. But didn`t. Fells that like they rushed to finish the album. Simply my opinion.

nice vision adificy, i always the same sensation

MaidenMadness said:

Mother russia is the hell of a song! :D

And yes, To tame a land was played at Hammermith during the Piece Of Mind tour in 1983, I have the bootleg and I will share it on the hub when the admin gives me access. It even has an introduction with Bruce explaining it was intended to be called "Dune" taking after a science fiction book steve read; but then the author got mad and said he didn't want any rock band to have a song called after his book even it was great advertising for his work... and, moreover, there's an instrumental break with some improvisation from the guitars... the whole bootleg is a masterpiece! It's really funny to hear bruce say "here's a new song: The Trooper!" and theres a great version of 22 Acacia Avenue also.

P.S: this is my first post :p

enrimaiden said:
and theres a great version of 22 Acacia Avenue also.

I also heard 22 acacia avenue from the ''world piece tour'' and it's great.
maybe the best, 22 acacia avenue was on the WPT better then on beast on the road IMO

Ivan said:
I also heard 22 acacia avenue from the ''world piece tour'' and it's great.
maybe the best, 22 acacia avenue was on the WPT better then on beast on the road IMO

It chills my bones when Bruce screams "Number 22!" and people answer "Acacia Avenue"... "Number 22!" "Acacia Avenue" "Number 22" woohaaaa
It's also a f***ing great song in lyrics; If you've been deceived by a hooker you will know what I mean! Yeah!

"Number 22!" "Acacia Avenue"

enrimaiden said:
It chills my bones when Bruce screams "Number 22!" and people answer "Acacia Avenue"... "Number 22!" "Acacia Avenue" "Number 22" woohaaaa
It's also a f***ing great song in lyrics; If you've been deceived by a hooker you will know what I mean! Yeah!

"Number 22!" "Acacia Avenue"
the song is great.never been deceived by the hooker :) :headbang:

Back