Maiden Auditions

Re: people who sent in demo tapes for bruces replacement

Frester said:
PAUL DIANNO :shock:
That would've been quite a blast, Paul Di'Anno returning to Maiden after 12 years of drinking and having a healthy ways of life afterall. Naah, it would of been a shock, but a good shock, I don't think so.

But in the two firts Maiden albums he sings real well actually.

Well there the brazilians André Mattos (ex-vocal of Angra and now at Shaman) and Edu Falaschi (new singer of Angra) that sent tapes, but of course there many many singers who also did it.

Somebody has said something about James LaBrie, Dream Theater's singer, I don't think he tried to be Maiden's vocalist because in '93/'94, Dream Theater was beginning to become known in the rest of the world (not only in the USA as before) and they were considered a great success. I don't think he would drop this career in a Prog Metal successfully band to go to Iron Maiden.

[]'s, Luiz.

And then there was Marco Hietala, the finest heavy metal voice from Finland. He's the singer/bassist for Tarot and also bass player for Nightwish. Incredible voice indeed. From the one's mentioned here, he would've been the best for Maiden at that point. Though I do fancy Bayley as well.

Back