Lossless hub registration

BoBo

Maybe we should send every person that wants to come to the hub a few questions considering hub rules, audio formats, mail trading, bootlegs DB reviewing, etc. Like:

What is lossless audio format?
What is lossy audio format?
What is a difference between lossless audio format like APE and lossy audio format like MP3?
What is a difference between lossless audio formats and Audio CDs (wav)?
Can you get full quality back when you make for example Audio CD from MP3?

comments or suggestions?

Basic question :
You've an audio CD, how do you share the bootleg in the hub ?
How do you convert an audio CD to shn, FLAC or Ape ?
What's the difference between ape and shn ?
How can you create a MD5 file ?

nicoreporter said:
Basic question :
In this way we can lost som people with great collection and little computer knowlege.

nicoreporter said:
Basic question :
In this way we can lost some people with great collection and little computer knowlege.

If they have nice collection and they are mail traders they will get account fast. :)

If you want the registration process automated in some way contact me.

It's an alright idea. I would prefer if they understand why we trade in lossless format and not MP3. I think any legit trader would only want lossless anyway. I don't really know if getting them to answer technical questions is the way.

The main thing that gets on my nerves is that I share what I download (at least as long as I can), and allow anyone to download off me. I get some people that download shows off me and don't share them ever! They also don't bring new shows to the hub. As a mod can I act on this Bobo?

AGuyFromNY said:
hmm basic questions should me:
where can i see your list?
how fast is your upload?

;)

i really don't think that the upload speed is something important..
i have 7 k/s and made some uploads to bobo :)

and i think we should think in the boots that the guy could get too and i don't care if he doest know how to to AUDIO -> FLAC or what is a md5 file :)

cheers

dan

ironcross said:
It's an alright idea. I would prefer if they understand why we trade in lossless format and not MP3. I think any legit trader would only want lossless anyway. I don't really know if getting them to answer technical questions is the way.
Yes, I agree with you. Already known traders should get in without too much trouble. But for new people in trading world we should set procedure for registering. Up to now I've let everyone without too much asking and after less then 2 months we had half of accounts deleted because of not contributing to the hub or maiden-world.

ironcross said:
As a mod can I act on this Bobo?
Yes, you can do it. If you see something that is against rules or not in spirit of hub rules you can warn user about it or use op powers. :)

Jon had a very good idea....

We should have an application form with loads of questions so that lazy people won't sign up. We can ask about their connection speed etc.

Maybe probation period with 4CDs(1DVD) per week allowed download until full account?

Back