Lesson 1: MD5 checking

BoBo

So back to school again ....

Step 1

If you want to share something you have to create MD5 sums for those files. MD5 sum is unique number for each file and calculated using all bytes in the file. That means if you change only one byte in it, it will be completely different. It's not just simple summation of bytes, but very complicated mathematical calculation that can assure us that two different files can't have same MD5 sum.

Step 2

Someone downloads all files from person number 1 (md5 file included). That person will check his(her) files. Program will calculate MD5 sums on that person's hard disc and compare them with sums in MD5 file. If two sums are identical, file is 100% copy of the source. If sums are different files are not identical and difference can be only one byte or million bytes.

Thank you very much for your attention. :wink:

BoBo said:
So back to school again ....

It's not just simple summation of bytes, but very complicated mathematical calculation that can assure us that two different files can't have same MD5 sum.

heresy LOL LOL you go back to school LOL LOL

Many Aplogizes

Again Im sorry. . :( :withstupid:

But Graz was not my fault..there was no md5 when i downloaded it :D

My Humble Aplogizes to all

:withstupid:

:)

Don't worry about it. It was only partly your fault becuase at least 10 other members downloaded files and didn't check anything.

At least we have sorted all problems now.

I'm the part of the crime here. I did'nt check it it, because it had no md5 in it. Now i know what to do. Nooooooob me....

Back