LAD DVD question

Ben

Is it true the picture quality is no different to the VHS version?

Also, whats the sound on it like?

Ben said:
Is it true the picture quality is no different to the VHS version?

Also, whats the sound on it like?

The main feature is more or less the same quality, and i'm sure It still uses Martin Birch's Stereo mix.

The Rock in Rio show on disc 2 is terrible. There is a better quality bootleg going around of it.

afraidtoshooteddie said:
The Rock in Rio show on disc 2 is terrible.

I could agree that picture wise, it's not the best quality, and sound wise it's awful for the first couple songs, but in the solo for "The Trooper", Bruce says a few things to the backstage techs, that he didn't really want going through the PA, and it's HILARIOUS!! :D That 30 seconds more than makes up for the RIR quality issues!

I think both the DVD and video were made from 35mm footage of the concert.

Chompy said:
I could agree that picture wise, it's not the best quality, and sound wise it's awful for the first couple songs, but in the solo for "The Trooper", Bruce says a few things to the backstage techs, that he didn't really want going through the PA, and it's HILARIOUS!! :D That 30 seconds more than makes up for the RIR quality issues!

I think both the DVD and video were made from 35mm footage of the concert.

The bootleg dvd that's been going around for years, has the 'Bruce rant' in it too coz they were sourced from the same recording, but the version Maiden used for the LAD DVD was frankly knackered.

Back