janick gers

whos the most important guitarist

• dave murray

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • adrian smith

• janick gers

• bruce dickonson (played a minor part in revelations)

• dennis stratton

• Total voters
Ivan said:
I couldn't decide between Bruce & dennis but i've voted for dennis
even bruce's solos on many maiden songs are great :p

:D
sorry to disappoint u mate but
bruce doesnt play ANY solos
he sings no guitar
thats wat this thread is about

dave is the best hes fast hes precise i dont think u need more than that

janick is a poser he thinks without him there wont be no iron maiden

Frenchy said:
voted :D

janick is a stupid dancer and useless since the Adrian's back :|

can't choose between H and Davy but voted for Davy coz of his effectiveness and fidelity 8)
no! i like what jan do on stage, speceilly when eddie comes out and they starting to "fight". And he plays fuckin´ good on guitarr too!

jimmyzoso333 said:
sorry to disappoint u mate but
bruce doesnt play ANY solos
he sings no guitar
thats wat this thread is about

:err: you put Bruce in the poll........

You aint makin sense again :p

If you had to choose a guitarist to leave Maiden, it would have to be Janick I'm afraid but I have no objection to him staying. He is relevant to the band as heis playing does offer a slightly different feel and he certainly adds a dynamism to their stage act. I think that keeps Dave and Adrian on their toes a lot more.

I was sorely tempted to vote for Dave on this one simply because he IS the Iron Maiden sound. When you hear Dave play, you know it is Iron Maiden immediately. However, on balance I went for Adrian because he seems to bring a lot more to the party. As a guitarist he's brilliant but he's also an incredible songwriter. He was at his most prolific when Maiden were at their best and that's no coincidence. 'Somewhere in Time' and 'Seventh Son' wouldn't have been as good as they are without him. As proof we only have to look at what came after he left. There are some good tracks on 'Fear of the Dark' and 'No Prayer for the Dying' but let's face it, as albums they are very weak overall. Adrian returns to the fold and all of a sudden they are on top form again. I doubt if simply getting Bruce back would have brought back the glory days by itself; Adrian is a vital part of the equation. I read that Bruce said he would only rejoin Maiden if Adrian came with him and I can believe that. Bruce is far from stupid and he knows exactly how valuable Adrian is to the Maiden sound.

No.

:)

I've already expressed my feelings for Janick 'Ballsed up solos and dancing about like a tosser' Gers :|

Adrian and Dave are the best for that band, and possibly one of the best guitarist tag teams in metal music :|

Twos a company, threes a crowd :|

Everytime I hear Janick play an Adrian solo I die a little inside :|

All done LOL

Well, if you are a fan, you pretty much know the deal.

H is "perfect" and super-clean.
Also an excellent writter of body and leads.

Davey is as Caveman stated, "creamy".
He is so unique and gifted, how could you top him?

Dennis is awesome. The first album is permanent proof of his blissful abilities.

Bruce? Please. One crown is enough for any man!

Jannic (Janick) Gers is also like K Shirley put it, "Dangerous" playing stuff "outside the box".
His writting is crucial to the band, his contributions are very highly, highly valuable!
His playing live is a bit sloppy, hard for us early 80's fans to accept having been brought up with the guitar team from heaven!
However, his energy and stage pressence is unbeatable.

Altho it bothers me about stuff like 'Lord Of The Flies' timing issues (is that a Jannic thing? -I can't imagine Davey or H doing that?), Jan is, I'd say, extremely valueable to the whole Maiden package!

So, they are all great!

Public Enema Number One said:
Well, if you are a fan, you pretty much know the deal.

H is "perfect" and super-clean.
Also an excellent writter of body and leads.

Davey is as Caveman stated, "creamy".
He is so unique and gifted, how could you top him?

Dennis is awesome. The first album is permanent proof of his blissful abilities.

Bruce? Please. One crown is enough for any man!

Jannic (Janick) Gers is also like K Shirley put it, "Dangerous" playing stuff "outside the box".
His writting is crucial to the band, his contributions are very highly, highly valuable!
His playing live is a bit sloppy, hard for us early 80's fans to accept having been brought up with the guitar team from heaven!
However, his energy and stage pressence is unbeatable.

Altho it bothers me about stuff like 'Lord Of The Flies' timing issues (is that a Jannic thing? -I can't imagine Davey or H doing that?), Jan is, I'd say, extremely valueable to the whole Maiden package!

So, they are all great!

Totally agreed. :D

About the Bruce thing, he sure as hell created some BLOODY good moments on stage :D

Back