Iron Maiden BB or ozzily in here

BoBo

I mean Maiden Talk is redicilous. Normal people can't talk about Maiden Music anymore. Now we have few threads about Lars dick on 1st page. :?: :D

Tell Skunk to open new forum like "Maiden Music Talk". Something "Dance of Death" forum last month. Heavy moderated. All stupid threads started there should be moved to Maiden Talk.

No more polls! :lol:

There is a balance that has to be kept, this changed with the loss of the GC so a certain leeway has to be allowed, if we killed every thread that was 'not maiden enough' then there would not be much left and people would not use the board any more. A new forum is not the answer though, basically it would be like creating a new GC which is not going to happen.

I understand that. GC is ok if it's normal GC, not like it was. And I understand that now without GC Maiden Talk must allow wider range of themes. But i'm not talking about creating new GC. I'm talking about smaller forum where we can talk about Maiden Music only. Thread can exists on 1st page for 10-15 minutes. When you want to find good thread you have to check 4-5 pages. You can keep Maiden Talk as it is, but in new forum you can concentrate quality.

Heh, yeah, I'd noticed this on the official BB.. threads get pushed down the page so quickly that its virtually impossible to start discussions at times unles s theres a highly popular element to it, such as "now playing" or "official (insert country) thread".

you could argue this promotes high quality posts staying to the top, but as far as i can see, the gimmicky threads seem to stay there and a large amount of interesting stuff gets flushed to page 4 or 5 in no time. This also promotes the same old flames, because if someone raises an issue that everyone feels strongly about that thread stays to the top, and its likely to be the same old issues every time.

Just my 2 cents..

Jon

I am starting to grow weary of the official board precisely for the reasons stated above. The number of silly polls annoys me and stupid threads, and as you say the crappiest threads seem to survive the longest.

I'll try here for while, I think :)

i know what you mean it is like every day there are lot of new threads but everythis was seen too many times before. always threads like songs vs song, singer vs singer, best maiden son, worst maiden song, album vs album........ nothing really new.

Having been away from the Maiden BB for a few weeks the constant threads I would usualy find annoying aren't annoying me. Although when the novelty wears off again I'm sure they will and I will end up spending more time on other BBs such as this :banana:

i tought there are a lot of repeating posts on maiden talk. i don't want to answer to question i have answered a lot of times before so i have only about 100 posts there. :oops: but i like this site better than imbb

The Maiden talk section has always been rather repeatative after a while, that is why people tended to move to the GC after a while, but since that has gone they are unable to do that which is why other havens have appeared.

BoBo said:
I mean Maiden Talk is redicilous. Normal people can't talk about Maiden Music anymore. Now we have few threads about Lars dick on 1st page. :?: :D

Tell Skunk to open new forum like "Maiden Music Talk". Something "Dance of Death" forum last month. Heavy moderated. All stupid threads started there should be moved to Maiden Talk.

No more polls! :lol:

Too true Maiden talk has gone down the pan lately because of SONG A V SONG B(the final!!) or METALLICA V MAIDEN#

Sorry but no thank you

Back