information, information

Mars, Saturn, Jupiter, and the moon are going to line up for the next couple of nights. They'll probably be easier to spot in the early morning hours anorak.png

The names of the Valkyries :cool:

Brynhild - the leader
Geirahod
Geirolul
Goli
Gondul
Gundr
Gunnr
Guth
Herfjotur
Hervor
Hildr
Hlathguth
Hlokk
Hrist
Judur
Kara
Mist
Olrun
Randgnor
Rathgrith
Reginleif
Rota
Sangridr
Sigrdrifa
Sigrlinn
Sigrun
Skeggjold
Skuld
Svafa
Svipul
Thrud

eddiemetal.gifeddiemetal.gifeddiemetal.gifeddiemetal.gifeddiemetal.gifeddiemetal.gifeddiemetal.gifeddiemetal.gifeddiemetal.gif

I’ve got that dude as one of my wallpapers on the PC.....
Theres a similar one playing drums.

i have many wallpapers on a slideshow that change every minute. :cool:

I suggested that shower curtain to the roommates and they're not going for it ;_;

I didn't know there was a drum version! eddiemetal.gif

I have one wallpaper of the night sky anorak.png

The Christmas Star will be visible on December 21. :eek:

On Dec. 21, humans can witness something not seen in nearly 800 years. Jupiter and Saturn will line up to create what is known as the “Christmas Star” or “Star of Bethlehem.”

These two planets haven’t appeared this (relatively) close together from Earth’s vantage point since the Middle Ages.

“Alignments between these two planets are rather rare, occurring once every 20 years or so, but this conjunction is exceptionally rare because of how close the planets will appear to be to one another,” Patrick Hartigan, astronomer at Rice University, told Forbes. “You’d have to go all the way back to just before dawn on March 4, 1226, to see a closer alignment between these objects visible in the night sky.”

Stargazers in the northern hemisphere should turn their heads and telescopes to the southwest portion of the sky about 45 minutes after sunset to see the planets align Dec. 21. However, reportedly sightings can be seen throughout that entire week.

According to Forbes, a star-sighting of this magnitude won’t occur again until 2080.

https://wgntv.com/news/christmas-star-to-light-up-december-sky-for-first-time-in-800-years/

Does anyone remember the Japanese earthquake from 2011? The most powerful quake ever recorded in Japan, which caused a massive tsunami that destroyed whole towns, killed thousands of people, and caused nuclear meltdowns? The tiny village of Fudai survived because their mayor, who remembered the earthquake-tsunami of 1933, had an enormous seawall and floodgate built to protect the village in the 1970s. Some people thought it was way too big but the mayor won out in the end. He died in 1997 so he never got to see this but damn, his foresight was amazing :oops:

How one Japanese village defied the tsunami

Just found out about the birds pooping in your mouth hazard for singers performing outdoors :eek: It happened to Cyndi Lauper and the singer from Kings of Leon. She wiped it off and kept going while he cancelled the rest of the show.

While cleaning out a drawer, I found a page with snippets from the news about Pokemon Go. I thought they were interesting anorak.png

Two Canadian teens accidentally crossed over the US border while playing.

While searching for Pokemon in a cemetery, a woman got stuck in a tree and had to call emergency services.

A man crashed into a cop car while playing it.

Some kids went looking for Pokemon in caves 100 feet underground and had to be rescued.

In Bosnia they had to warn Pokemon Go players that they were at risk of stepping on landmines from the 90s.

Someone launched a dating service for Pokemon fans called PokeDates.

Two men fell off a 75-100 foot cliff while searching for Pokemon. They lived.

Back