How do you organize your bootlegs collection?

BoBo

I burn everything on DVDs. Audio in lossless format, so I can put 8-9 bootlegs on the one DVD instead of 16 CDs. I keep everything in 25 DVD/CDs spindle boxes.

The only better solution is multiply remote hard discs. Like Gebs with his 300 GB hdds. :shock: :D

DVD collection here too, I guess one day i will get dedicated PC to put it all on so i can just use it from there on the home network

I guess I am old fashioned. All mine are on cds. It makes copying a lot simpler, but storage a little heavier.

Copying is not that simpler. Maybe a little because you don't have to remove 2 sec. gaps when you add tracks to Nero for example.

Problem is if you use CD or DVD player to listen bootlegs. Then you need CDs. Even playing wav files from DVDs is impossible. Which is weird because you can play mp3s burned on them without problems.

BoBo said:
Copying is not that simpler. Maybe a little because you don't have to remove 2 sec. gaps when you add tracks to Nero for example.

... and with software like EAC, you can easily burn wave from your HDD because it doesn't add 2 sec. gaps like Nero does.

BoBo said:

Problem is if you use CD or DVD player to listen bootlegs. Then you need CDs. Even playing wav files from DVDs is impossible. Which is weird because you can play mp3s burned on them without problems.

Actually, it is simpler. I don't use Nero. I use Roxio. I burn on the fly without any problems whatsoever with that program and my Samsung 40X. Since I don't have a hard drive to save the shows to, it's best to leave them on cd and do a direct copy on the fly. I can burn a perfect copy in one minute.

BoBo said:
Some people tryed, but their DVD players were able to play only mp3s.

That's really wierd. But, since it can play MP3, that's a cool thing. I have an mp3 player in my car, and I have a lot of my collection saved on 50 mp3 cdrs and play them in there. If I could get a dvd mp3 player, I could really save some room by putting the whole thing on 10 discs! That would kick ass. :banana:

Back