hello thread!

MaidenMadness said:
better yet i'll post you the link to the whole article(its in english)
link
its a very touchy subject cause he was one of there generals most responsible for freeing parts of croatia that have been occupied by serbs

:err: dare I ask ur opinion of him

rockin_plumber said:
yes I am waiting in anticipation now :wink:
well to give my full view of the subject one would have to look at various aspects of the whole problem

first of ante gotovina's success as a general during the war earned him a hero status among many croats. brigade under his command was the first one to enter knin, old throne city of croatian kings after the break down to the serbian krajina. he was one of the people that planned the whole operation storm that freed fifth of the croatian teritory in about a week. after the operation was over some dickheads want on and started plundering and killing civilians of serbian nationality. now cause they cannot locate them they are blaming ante gotovina cause as a general he should have kept them under control. that is utter bullshit. if one guy could keep tens of thousands of people under control there would be no crimes at all. he is also charged with banishing the serbian civilians from croatia during operation storm. THAT IS NOT TRUE. there was no organized banishing of serbian civilians. on the day when operation storm started(4th august 1995) whole day every like 10 minutes there was a broadcast on just about every tv and radio station informing that operation to free parts of croatia has begun and that croatian goverment inviting serbs to stay in their homes, that they do not flee the country and they asked in return was for them to accept croatia as their country and to obey its laws. about 150 000 of them obviously had no intention of accepting croatia as their country cause they fled to serbia. and to add even more to that. the latest endgiments charges croatia's goverment of the time of being a criminal organization with the goal of ethnic cleansing of croatia. that is something i can't accept cause i have never heard serbian goverment being described by such harsh words. and when vukovar fell the serbs even slaughtered the old the sick and the injured non serbs that were in vukovar hospital at the time.
he is also being charged with extensive usage of artillery on knin. first of that was a war so how can there be something as extensive usage of artillery. secound of all if we take a look at the pictures of the knin from the same day it was freed from serbs we can't see any damage whatso ever on the town.
and regrading the war crime tribunal. if we take a look at its history we can see that it has always been about satisfiyng someone's political interests. they never cared about justice. not even in its begging after the ww2 when it was first founded to prosecute german and japanese generals. they procesucted only them while criminals like harry truman ,for example, who is responsible for the death of AT LEAST 120 000 people, mostly civilians, when the atomic bombs were dropped, were left unpunished the history remembered them as heroes that are responsible for the end of ww2 in pacific. justice was never satisfied in the institute of war crime tribunals.
because of that i see war crime tribunal as nothing but a joke, a mockery of justice and a sad picture of the degraded moral values of this society overall. all that plus the well known fact that the verdict from gotovina's case has already been decided, even before the endgiment was written. its those reasons that cause me to be fully in support of his flee from the war crime tribunal. sad thing is that its all politics. western goverments like english, american, french.... are the one to blame for what happened in croatia and bosnia in the 90's
they allowed only serbs to have weapons. for everybody else there has been a trade embargo on the purchase of weapons. it is that screw up that led to everything that happened and now they need to equalise the blame, show it like it wasn't their fault but that we had a fight cause both of us hate eachother and that we all want ething cleansing and stuff like that. THAT IS WHY GOTOVINA IS BEING PROSECUTED. that is not a procesution of one person but its a prosecution of the whole country. if gotovina is found guilty it will be like we are just as the guilty for war as the serbs are. that is something i will NEVER accept cause i know what happened here, evethough i was only a kid....

MaidenMadness said:
well to give my full view of the subject one would have to look at various aspects of the whole problem

first of ante gotovina's success as a general during the war earned him a hero status among many croats. brigade under his command was the first one to enter knin, old throne city of croatian kings after the break down to the serbian krajina. he was one of the people that planned the whole operation storm that freed fifth of the croatian teritory in about a week. after the operation was over some dickheads want on and started plundering and killing civilians of serbian nationality. now cause they cannot locate them they are blaming ante gotovina cause as a general he should have kept them under control. that is utter bullshit. if one guy could keep tens of thousands of people under control there would be no crimes at all. he is also charged with banishing the serbian civilians from croatia during operation storm. THAT IS NOT TRUE. there was no organized banishing of serbian civilians. on the day when operation storm started(4th august 1995) whole day every like 10 minutes there was a broadcast on just about every tv and radio station informing that operation to free parts of croatia has begun and that croatian goverment inviting serbs to stay in their homes, that they do not flee the country and they asked in return was for them to accept croatia as their country and to obey its laws. about 150 000 of them obviously had no intention of accepting croatia as their country cause they fled to serbia. and to add even more to that. the latest endgiments charges croatia's goverment of the time of being a criminal organization with the goal of ethnic cleansing of croatia. that is something i can't accept cause i have never heard serbian goverment being described by such harsh words. and when vukovar fell the serbs even slaughtered the old the sick and the injured non serbs that were in vukovar hospital at the time.
he is also being charged with extensive usage of artillery on knin. first of that was a war so how can there be something as extensive usage of artillery. secound of all if we take a look at the pictures of the knin from the same day it was freed from serbs we can't see any damage whatso ever on the town.
and regrading the war crime tribunal. if we take a look at its history we can see that it has always been about satisfiyng someone's political interests. they never cared about justice. not even in its begging after the ww2 when it was first founded to prosecute german and japanese generals. they procesucted only them while criminals like harry truman ,for example, who is responsible for the death of AT LEAST 120 000 people, mostly civilians, when the atomic bombs were dropped, were left unpunished the history remembered them as heroes that are responsible for the end of ww2 in pacific. justice was never satisfied in the institute of war crime tribunals.
because of that i see war crime tribunal as nothing but a joke, a mockery of justice and a sad picture of the degraded moral values of this society overall. all that plus the well known fact that the verdict from gotovina's case has already been decided, even before the endgiment was written. its those reasons that cause me to be fully in support of his flee from the war crime tribunal. sad thing is that its all politics. western goverments like english, american, french.... are the one to blame for what happened in croatia and bosnia in the 90's
they allowed only serbs to have weapons. for everybody else there has been a trade embargo on the purchase of weapons. it is that screw up that led to everything that happened and now they need to equalise the blame, show it like it wasn't their fault but that we had a fight cause both of us hate eachother and that we all want ething cleansing and stuff like that. THAT IS WHY GOTOVINA IS BEING PROSECUTED. that is not a procesution of one person but its a prosecution of the whole country. if gotovina is found guilty it will be like we are just as the guilty for war as the serbs are. that is something i will NEVER accept cause i know what happened here, evethough i was only a kid....

Nice bedtime reading that :zzz:

MaidenMadness said:
you'd better read the post then
even if its a long one
took me some time to write :|

I did and I understand more about what happened now.
Obviously looking for someone to blame then :|

164841.png
Not here long.... back in about an hour though :wink:

rockin_plumber said:
164841.png
Not here long.... back in about an hour though :wink:
Glad to hear it :D

First night in ages I get to sit down before 10pm...thought I wwas gonna be on my own all night!

Back