Greatest Maiden Riff?

This is a very hard question since one of Maiden's biggest qualities is their absolutely perfect riffage. It's hard to think of one Maiden song that didn't have at least one great riff.

Good point Wrathchild. I guess I picked that one because it's one of those riffs that really pulls you into the song.

Run to the hills, 2 minutes to midnight, the nomad, wasted years, different world, prowler, the trooper :trooper: oo my god all maiden songs has great riffss :guitar: :edmetal:

The small lead part on ROTAM, after the line "And the ship it sinks like lead into the sea" or something :err: been a while since I listened to it!

Failing that, almost anything off Powerslave and SIT 8)

what a difficult question to answer :D

Flash of the Blade, Deja Vu, Brighter Than a Thousand Suns, Die With Your Boots On, The Duellists...

Greetings!
You might as well be asking me to pick a favorite child...
I'd have to say starting from "Prowler" all the way to "The Legacy" and all the bits in between!
Seriously, I'd have to say my best loved stuff is on "Killers", since that is the first Maiden LP I ever gave a spin.
Standouts after a critical listen:

"Another Life"
Twin guitar intro right into signature staccato solo
twin harmonizing guitar after 2nd verse
twin signature guitar solo

"Genghis Khan"
Intro guitar/bass
0:58 mid solo guitar/bass trades
1:47 "rollicking" guitar riff
2:11 "spacey" harmonizing guitar riff

"Prodigal Son"
For it's acoustic work, showing a 15 year old there is a use for beautiful guitar work on a heavy album
last lead break where the boys trade solos, showing their different styles.

"Purgatory"
Intro
1st lead break staccato
Twin harmonizing chorus

"Drifter"
Intro that the bass follows note for note

Not from Killers, but love the "Maidenization" of the flute intro for "Cross Eyed Mary"!

Best,
James

Back