Glasgow Gig Report *spoiler*

Parmenion

Good gig. The SECC was full except for few empty seats at the extreme sides. Bruce was in excellent voice and everything was typically precise except a a wee balls-up when the power went during the Paschendale intro and the band, especially a rather bemused Adrian, had to start over.

I really enjoyed Can I Play With Madness, but despite the novelty factor of hearing Bruce sing Lord of the Flies, it was so-so. It was well performed - Bruce got all the lyrics right - and Steve clearly wanted the crowd to get into it, but a good few people clearly hadn't heard it before. Dance of Death was probably the high point. I really don't like the studio version, but live it was 100% classic Maiden. Journeyman, another track I find bit trying on the album, was also brilliant. The set concluded with a triumphant Run to the Hills.

Again, a very good gig. Not the best Maiden concert I've been to (that honour goes to Ayr Pavillion 30/10/90!) but a real surprise, as I was not looking forward to hearing the new material (or 'the same old stuff, e.g. Trooper, RTTH etc, but they were magnificent!).

I'm disapointed with the band. The set list SUCKS. While other bands keeps doing something fresh and interesting, Maiden go on with the same stuff ever and ever. The new album production is the worse ever. It feels like the band is just doing their jobs.

Lonely Mariner said:
I'm disapointed with the band. The set list SUCKS. While other bands keeps doing something fresh and interesting, Maiden go on with the same stuff ever and ever. The new album production is the worse ever. It feels like the band is just doing their jobs.
:suck:

Lonely Mariner said:

In my opinion the way Maiden sticks to their greatest songs within the setlist for new concerts makes the whole arena feel alive during them. They're almost the best points of the performance, because everyone joins together in knowing every beat and word.

Brave New World and Dance of Death are my favourite works by Maiden, but I wouldnt want a live performance to go without Hallowed, FOTD or RTTH these days, since they add so much energy.

Jon said:
In my opinion the way Maiden sticks to their greatest songs within the setlist for new concerts makes the whole arena feel alive during them. They're almost the best points of the performance, because everyone joins together in knowing every beat and word.

Brave New World and Dance of Death are my favourite works by Maiden, but I wouldnt want a live performance to go without Hallowed, FOTD or RTTH these days, since they add so much energy.

Well said :banana:

Back