Geoff Tate has let himself go?

RYÆN

Geoff Tate (Queensryche) had one of the most amazing voices ever. Just listen to Queensryche EP all the way through to Promise Land and then compare it with anything afterwards.

Smoking has ruined his voice. Yes, he can still sing but I'd dare him to sing Roads to Madness now, he wouldn't be able to do it the way he used to.

Your opinions on this?

Dissagree.

One, your voice goes through changes by age anyways. And I think he's phenominal anyways you put it. I think a better way to say it is that YOU try to sing Roads to Madness

Rockhardchick666 said:
I think a better way to say it is that YOU try to sing Roads to Madness
LOL I can't sing anything, nevermind roads to madness.

There was something I took out of that post because I thought it was irrelevant but I'll put it in this post:

"Look at singers like Hetfield, Maynard James Keenan and Bruce Dickinson. Their voices are as good as ever, so why is it that Geoff's voice isn't as good as it used to be? He didn't take care of it like most singers do, and I think smoking was one of the main reasons. Maynard wears a gasmask on stage when people are smoking because (Well...he's a drama queen :roll: ) he doesn't want his voice ruined."

I sing. I smoke. I still have a three octave range.

OK, might have been better if hadn't of started smoking when I was 9. BUT like I was saying earlier, age itself changes voices.

I just think that Geoff, at one point, was a better singer than Bruce, and now it's totally changed. If Bruce sang Number of the Beast in the studio again it'd sound just as good as the original version, but if Tate sang something from Empire it'd sound worse than the original.

I'm not saying the man can't sing, he's a great singer, but his voice could be better if he took care of it.

RYÆN said:
I just think that Geoff, at one point, was a better singer than Bruce, and now it's totally changed. If Bruce sang Number of the Beast in the studio again it'd sound just as good as the original version, but if Tate sang something from Empire it'd sound worse than the original.

I'm not saying the man can't sing, he's a great singer, but his voice could be better if he took care of it.

I still dissagree. I dont think Bruce has maintained his voice either. He can still belt it out. But not as care free as before.

If Serge Gainsbourg had been a non smoker, not sure he had the same carrer. I can't imagine him with a castra voice

but I have to agree that Geoff has not the same biggest voice than ages ago. But maybe not coz of cigs but maybe alcohol or he doesn't have a great teacher

Rockhardchick666 said:
I sing. I smoke. I still have a three octave range.

OK, might have been better if hadn't of started smoking when I was 9. BUT like I was saying earlier, age itself changes voices.

:withstupid: I started smoking when I was 10 and my voice has changed, (i'm not a choir boy any more!) but not neccesarily for the worse, my voice really fits in with my band!

RYÆN said:
Geoff Tate (Queensryche) had one of the most amazing voices ever. Just listen to Queensryche EP all the way through to Promise Land and then compare it with anything afterwards.

Smoking has ruined his voice. Yes, he can still sing but I'd dare him to sing Roads to Madness now, he wouldn't be able to do it the way he used to.

Your opinions on this?
I remember seeing QR one time i being influenced so much by him was really looking forward to seeing him amaze me live buuuut, I heard him cracking , gasping for air, and singing flat. I was shocked I thought he was just tired and his voice was just off, but no he sings like that all the time I never knew what a heavy smoker he was. I know for a fact that the main reason DeGarmo left queensryche was because he and tate had a huge fight over tate's failing voice. words were said and DeGarmo left never to return, though there friends again but not as close as before. :|

Re:

Rockhardchick666 said:
RYÆN said:

I still dissagree. I dont think Bruce has maintained his voice either. He can still belt it out. But not as care free as before.
Bruce and Halford have also lost what they had the only one who could really sing was Dio at 64 he sounded better than Tate, Bruce and Halford it 's too bad too . Halford admits it at least and makes fun of himself Bruce is not close to his old self but he has his moments. Tate knows he can't hit the same notes but tries and bombs making himself look stupid like Carl Lewis singing the National Anthem on National TV LOL uh oh!! LOL

Back