Future of hard rock/heavy metal music

Frenchy said:
I love them :headbang:

they created a new heavy/prog very loud, they rule 8)

-Jeeeez, they rule !!! (Universum beyond Maiden lol)

Happy holidays everybody !!!

True music will always be true, will it be jazz, deathmetal or what ever.

Here is something here from Finland again :)
Its like Manowar but better lol well, better melodies anyway! TURISAS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOoInW3c5mY

Although it is somewhat of a shame the way metal has waned over the past decade and given way to rap rock, emo, and "hardcore", I think it's only served to make the movement stronger. The majority of people don't really have tastes of their own, so they just conform and buy the albums of whatever bands they hear on the bullshit top ten radio station they listen to. The question is: Do you really want a bunch of dumbasses like that in our metalhead ranks? I say no. I heard a story once that really changed my perspective in regards to this matter. It went something like this:
Many, many years ago on a distant shore,
Men did gather secretly behind the vaulted doors.
They travelled long, they travelled far,
Dark into the night,
'Twas just the place they'd chosen,
They knew the time was right.
Some would ask how that story applies. Others would simply say "That's some badass bullshit". People from the latter demographic are our people. By the way, I'm Luke, and this is my first post. I look forward to bullshitting with you guys if you're up for it.

Ed_the_Head said:
Although it is somewhat of a shame the way metal has waned over the past decade and given way to rap rock, emo, and "hardcore", I think it's only served to make the movement stronger. The majority of people don't really have tastes of their own, so they just conform and buy the albums of whatever bands they hear on the bullshit top ten radio station they listen to. The question is: Do you really want a bunch of dumbasses like that in our metalhead ranks? I say no. I heard a story once that really changed my perspective in regards to this matter. It went something like this:
Many, many years ago on a distant shore,
Men did gather secretly behind the vaulted doors.
They travelled long, they travelled far,
Dark into the night,
'Twas just the place they'd chosen,
They knew the time was right.
Some would ask how that story applies. Others would simply say "That's some badass bullshit". People from the latter demographic are our people. By the way, I'm Luke, and this is my first post. I look forward to bullshitting with you guys if you're up for it.

I totally agree in every way.

I agree with MaidenMadness. It is undeniable that the rock music scene met its decline as the world changed by the end of '80s. Some bands broke up, while others reunited after breaking up for several years. Even the music itself changed.

MaidenMadness said:
in the 90's hard rock/heavy metal started losing its popularity, which is normal cause most of the giants of these genres got old, ran out of ideas and /or started falling apart. that is all normal but what should be troubling is the fact that there arent any new bands appearing for these genres. if a new band appears than its either some trash, power or extreme metal, or nu metal but when it comes to old school heavy metal/hard rock whats the newest band you can say appeared?
so what do you think what is a future of these genres? will somebody new appear or will the fans be the only thing that will be keeping memory of these genres alive

Idont think that Heavy rock/metal needs (at the moment anyway) a new band, the fans are what is needed to keep it alive, i am 18 and have been listenign to maiden for 2 years now and i feel if the younger genaerations will keep picking up this because some have sence not to go over to the rap side of things which kills music with its bad language and fould lyrics. So as long as there is the fans in time your band will rise and it will be amazing.

Re:

ThePrizoner said:
Frenchy said:
I love them :headbang:

they created a new heavy/prog very loud, they rule 8)

-Jeeeez, they rule !!! (Universum beyond Maiden lol)

Happy holidays everybody !!!

True music will always be true, will it be jazz, deathmetal or what ever.

Here is something here from Finland again :)
Its like Manowar but better lol well, better melodies anyway! TURISAS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOoInW3c5mY

Full Hails the Awesomness of the Battle Metal Viking Metalists that are Turisas! :edmetal:

To Holmgard! and Beyond! :edlighter:

Well, I'm 17 (18 in few months) and I'm listening Iron Maiden for around 2 years; I haven't restricted myself to only one genre (I'm listening heavy metal (Maidens primarly), pop, rock, trash metal (Metallica), power metal, etc., but Maidens are my favourite and I listen them more than 15 other artists/bands I'm listening put together.

What would happen to heavy metal? Well, let's just say... is Mozart dead? Yes. Is his music dead? No. People still listen him. Heavy metal will continue to live, regardless of new bands appearing or not.

It's out there. You just got to look for it. Maiden's new album is coming out soon and not sure if you are aware, but Blaze Bayleys' last two records are phenomenal. I suggest you run out and pick up The Man Who Would Not Die (masterpiece) - along with Number of The Beast, Powerslave, Accident Of Birth and Chemical Wedding. And, his new record follows up on that same theme: Promise and Terror.

Enjoy!

Back