Final Frontier release date & free download of track.

rockin_plumber

The Plumber That Rocks
The release date for IRON MAIDEN’S new studio album THE FINAL FRONTIER is now confirmed for Monday 16th August.

The new album features artwork illustrated by Melvyn Grant and, to mark the occasion, the band have made special arrangements for one new album track 'EL DORADO' to be made available Worldwide as a FREE digital download MP3 with immediate effect.

Visit http://www.ironmaiden.com to see the artwork and get your free track!

The-Final-Frontier-300.jpg

1. Satellite 15....The Final Frontier 8:40
2. El Dorado 6:49
3. Mother Of Mercy 5:20
4. Coming Home 5:52
5. The Alchemist 4:29
6. Isle Of Avalon 9:06
7. Starblind 7:48
8. The Talisman 9:03
9. The Man Who Would Be King 8:28
10. When The Wild Wind Blows 10:59

Just downloaded the track. I have to say I was quite intrigued at the opening... sounded a bit AC/DC to me with that sort of end of song crescendo... and then I was surprised by the production... Not heavy like the last few releases. More rockish.

Overall though I am a bit disappointed. I think the song is kind of a throwaway. It sounds more like solo Dickinson (in fact, listen to The Magician - it has a similar melody) than Maiden.

I am sure I will like the album as I always do, but I thought they would try and blow us away with the first track released and they haven't come close.

Lastly, are you sure those are the track titles? Bruce already did a song called The Alchemist. Though he also did a song called Wicker Man previous to the Iron Maiden version. And Starblind... reminds me of Star Children. Just curious. Sometimes when you see tracklistings of future albums on the web, they are made up and obvious approximations of previous titles by whatever band it is.

Peace.

A$$A$$1N said:
Lastly, are you sure those are the track titles? Bruce already did a song called The Alchemist. Though he also did a song called Wicker Man previous to the Iron Maiden version. And Starblind... reminds me of Star Children. Just curious. Sometimes when you see tracklistings of future albums on the web, they are made up and obvious approximations of previous titles by whatever band it is.

Peace.

Hey there.........

Unless they sre telling us porkies...........

The official press release

Seriously! Just checked it out they've set the release date for the Final Frontier, it's the 16th of August!
I can't wait, I downloaded the new single for free from the website http://www.ironmaiden.com
I cannot actually wait! Anyone else as excited as I am? :blaze: :cross:

metalfan1991 said:
Seriously! Just checked it out they've set the release date for the Final Frontier, it's the 16th of August!
I can't wait, I downloaded the new single for free from the website http://www.ironmaiden.com
I cannot actually wait! Anyone else as excited as I am? :blaze: :cross:

You were so excited you didnt notice the thread that was already here LOL LOL LOL

Threads merged 8)

Back