Expectations from next maiden album

MaidenMadness

nicko said it will be out in 2006 and that it will be a concept album
so what do you expect from it?
personally i dont expect any bigger change in sound, maybe more slower songs like journeymen was but i think that most of the album shall remain typical maiden music
what i would like to see in new album is this
nicko said that it will be a concept album
so what i would like to see is contiunous music
dont know if i expressed myself correctly so i will explain what i mean
take only maiden concept album so far seventh son
it was a concept album but the storyline was the only thing that was holding the songs together
everything else varied from song to song
what i would like to see is that one song begins with the music that was at the end of previous
if they did that i think that regardless of the one's opinion of album nobody would be able to deny that it would be the most artistic album to date

conceptual album is because this will be 14th, and 7 th was conceptual, so every 7th album is coceptual.I don't know what I can expect but I know taht I don't wont 8/12 slow songs, I expect maybe 3 slow songs others will be like clairvoyant, I think that this album will be the best after last 7. maybe I expect too much but...

First of all, I don't expect anything considered to be "turnover" in sound and production, although my personal opinion is that they shoud consider taking Roy Z or Andy Sneap as a producer of a forthcoming album.

Fact is, they need some "boost" in their sound (by this, I don't think about total change of band sound) 'cause it kinda sounds too old. They need heavier guitar sound, and i'm sure you will agree (when comparing, "Powerslave" sounds at least twice heavier than "Dance of Death", and I don't want to say that DoD is bad album, 'cause it's 'kin amazing).

When we come to the melodies, songwriting and composing, I'm sure they won't fail (did they ever fail? :) ). Harris, Dickinson and Smith are world class songwriters, and guitar duet Smith-Murray is master of guitar melodies (musicians know what I'm talking about).

i agree that they need to so something with their sound
i mean on dod and bnw they sounded lets face it...............washed up

Snake said:
First of all, I don't expect anything considered to be "turnover" in sound and production, although my personal opinion is that they shoud consider taking Roy Z or Andy Sneap as a producer of a forthcoming album.

Fact is, they need some "boost" in their sound (by this, I don't think about total change of band sound) 'cause it kinda sounds too old. They need heavier guitar sound, and i'm sure you will agree (when comparing, "Powerslave" sounds at least twice heavier than "Dance of Death", and I don't want to say that DoD is bad album, 'cause it's 'kin amazing).

When we come to the melodies, songwriting and composing, I'm sure they won't fail (did they ever fail? :) ). Harris, Dickinson and Smith are world class songwriters, and guitar duet Smith-Murray is master of guitar melodies (musicians know what I'm talking about).

yes :D i m agree with you, nothing to add just that will be a great album :D

MaidenMadness said:
i agree that they need to so something with their sound
i mean on dod and bnw they sounded lets face it...............washed up

BNW is IMO between their best albums
I wouldn't be disappointed if the new album sounded like BNW or DOD :)

maiden89 said:
BNW is IMO between their best albums
I wouldn't be disappointed if the new album sounded like BNW or DOD :)
bnw has some great songs but there are also fillers on it something which has become regular to iron maiden albums every since no prayer i am afraid
personaly i got a feeling that steve started losing his inspiration for writting songs

MaidenMadness said:
bnw has some great songs but there are also fillers on it something which has become regular to iron maiden albums every since no prayer i am afraid
personaly i got a feeling that steve started losing his inspiration for writting songs

:shock:
BNW is good album, say me where there are fillers?
each songs is different and bring different feelings. it's a great album
but maiden is evolving and me i like that. the new album will be concept so we will see :)

but harris is the same :x

killers said:
:shock:
BNW is good album, say me where there are fillers?
each songs is different and bring different feelings. it's a great album
but maiden is evolving and me i like that. the new album will be concept so we will see :)

but harris is the same :x
dude open your eyes
compare 80's material with the new one
imo the worst song off powerslave beats every single one off bnw
harris writes most of iron maiden material and as much as i respect him take a look at some of the chorus's off dod
no more lies repeated 4 times
do i sence lack of inspiration there

Snake said:
Harris, Dickinson and Smith are world class songwriters, and guitar duet Smith-Murray is master of guitar melodies (musicians know what I'm talking about).

and where is janick? I think that now is janick in top form as song writter, dance of death is written by him, everyone else make some little part on that song. this is janick's time.
and about MM's post, I'm not satisfied with steve's songwritter credit on dance of death, only one song is written by his all alone.
if you take a look in the 80's, some of the greatest songs are written on his on, all alone (gramatics :? )

I don't expect anything. I'm just little worried that album will not be as good as DOD, which is one of my favorite albums.

I will just wait for the album.

MaidenMadness said:
dude open your eyes
compare 80's material with the new one
imo the worst song off powerslave beats every single one off bnw
harris writes most of iron maiden material and as much as i respect him take a look at some of the chorus's off dod
no more lies repeated 4 times
do i sence lack of inspiration there

yes of course, i know, after 25 years it's a bit normal, but i think really lyrics are always wonderful. In DoD the most songs are really great (Montsegur, DoD, gates of tomorrow, paschendale, FACE IN THE SAND, age of innocence, Journeyman)
i find like you say that the lack lyrics on some songs, are made up for lyrics with tunes

but one reason why I'm concerned is that Iron maiden have in plan record that album for a 2/3 months. I think that isn't not enough time to make some very good album

Ivan said:
but one reason why I'm concerned is that Iron maiden have in plan record that album for a 2/3 months. I think that isn't not enough time to make some very good album
it is
deep purple recorded one of my fave albums who do we think we are in a total of about 5 weeks i think

MaidenMadness said:
it is
deep purple recorded one of my fave albums who do we think we are in a total of about 5 weeks i think
...and let's not forget that Bruce recorded Tyrrany of Souls in 10 days, and also think about Liquid Tension Experiment (John Petrucci's solo project) which was written and recorded in 1 week, and is also considered one of the best progressive instrumental projects ever done.

@Ivan about Janick: I didn't mention Janick above 'cause I was speaking about Maiden's "golden" lineup. Compared to Bruce, Adrian & Steve greatest songs, Jan is still little baby in dipers (if I spelled correctly). No disrespect to Janick, but he didn't write any song 100% by himself, there was always someone who hopped into. I don't hate him, just opposite, he's great, and I'm sure that someday he will do a song which will be 10 times better than DoD (which is 'kin awesome)

Ivan said:
just remember Metallica. It took them almost 3 years to make St. Anger :D

Snake said:
just remember Metallica. It took them almost 3 years to make St. Anger :D

yea i listen to it compared to there other albums and i think the sound is not that good there is some good songs on that album but thye have changed there sound alot as maiden hasn't much they have gotin not as heavy but yet they are still brill and as long as it is a good song by maiden and i like the lyrics i dont mind wat the new album will be like

if you look on the brave new world like new begining
that will be like this:
Brave new world=Iron Maiden
Dance of death=Killers
?????= The Numbr Of The Beast

:banana: You get it?

Back