do you like the new sound? (brave new world,,Dance of death)

its different obviously. their music changed cause i think bruce and steve know that they need new generations of fans if their music's gonna live on i think thats the reason why they write stuff thats lets face it bit more oriented to mainstream likings than fans likings. i mean i think that back in the 80's rainmaker wouldn't even make as a b side let alone be released as a single

MaidenMadness said:
its different obviously. their music changed cause i think bruce and steve know that they need new generations of fans if their music's gonna live on i think thats the reason why they write stuff thats lets face it bit more oriented to mainstream likings than fans likings. i mean i think that back in the 80's rainmaker wouldn't even make as a b side let alone be released as a single

I totally agree with you MM, rainmaker is not in the same groove than the rest of the album. Like we know that the 1st track of their album is often the single

Hummm, I really like their recent work 'specially BNW which I think is one of their best work for SSOTSS !!!!!! You can feel in their last work a certain maturity in the writing and the production of Kevin Shirley is really huge :banana:

Well BNW is my favourite record but I don't like DoD so much, maybe the strings are bit too much, but I still love that record.

ewil said:
Well BNW is my favourite record but I don't like DoD so much, maybe the strings are bit too much, but I still love that record.
yea
i like all the maiden songs
the old ones have that demonic manic feel to them
the new ones have like a more feeling feel
i prefer number of the beast and brave new world
not too sure about DOD

I love the new Maiden sound. It leaves something like VXI's powerless sound well behind. Doesn't this new stuff sound so much more heavy metal when comparing to 90s albums?!

Back